Chapter 20~Mission Complete

Melody's P.O.V

Lucy and Cody seem pretty good. I mean, I've seen them around school and I've caught them making out a couple times; pretty awkward finding your best friend on the verge of sex with her boyfriend. Now I still need to get to the bottom of the jackasses mystery. Now that I know there is definitely something, they have all been avoiding me.

"Those stupid, idiotic, jackasses of neighbours are avoiding me!" I scream as I come into Ms. Hyland's office.

"Language!" she warns. I roll my eyes and slump into the chair. 

"Look, this is the situation. Lucy had a secret and I figured it out right? But now the jerks also have a secret that I want to know but they refuse to tell me! And they know I refuse to let this go so now they are avoiding me! And I know it's known of my business but I feel like it is! So hello!! I refuse to let it go!" I exclaim.

Ms. Hyland was silent for a moment because usually I will start, finish and start again.

"I'm done!" I exclaim.

"Give them space," she says.

"Really? REALLY? You're the one threatening me to be friends with them! Now I have to stay away from them? I was on a role!" I yell.

"Melody! Do not use that tone with me! Look! Leave them alone to cool off! Stop pestering them! It frankly isn't any of your business!" Ms. Hyland says.

"But there is something that they want to tell me! I know it! I know them! No matter what at least one of them will want to tell me! And that person is usually Dylan! But they won't! And I don't know why!" I cry.

"Melody, I think you might want to take a few days off. For you to cool down and for them to cool down," Ms. Hyland says calmly.

I get out of the chair and walk out without another word. I walk out of the school and head home. Screw school. I started to run. I wanted to get home as soon as possible. Once I got home, I ran up to my room so Tammy wouldn't pester me with questions. I slammed the door and fell on my bed.  

"I am so done with life," I mumble into the pillow.

I sit up and run my hands through my hair.  I need to get some answers from them. I looked at the time and saw it was 1:30. School ends at 3, and the jerks will be home by 3:10. An hour and 40 minutes to spare. 

"The Fault in our Stars it is," I murmur. 

-------------------------

2 hours and 15 minutes later.

"I will never get over this ending!" I cry with hot tears streaming down my face.

I wipe away the tears and stand up. It was now currently 3:45. The jerks should be home, and this time I'm entering the house; whether they like it or not. I run downstairs, put on my flip flops and run next door. I ring the door bell and Michael opened the door.

"Back up ten big paces!" I scream. He was startled and backed up. I called the boys down and all of them came.

"ALL OF YOU SIT DOWN NOW!" I shriek. They ran for the door but I blocked it.

"I can still knee you where it hurts," I threaten. 

They sigh and walk towards the living room. 

"Look, I-where's Justin?" I ask. 

"Out!" they exclaim suddenly. 

"This is exactly what I'm talking about! Where's Justin? What is your secret? And why won't you tell me?" I question.

"We can't tell you Mel because we just can't!" Connor says.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" I ask.

"That means butt out!" Jackson exclaims.

"No! Because I'm a curious cat!" I defend.

"You have no part in this," Michael says.

"It can't be that bad!" I say. They look at each other and nod.

"It isn't," they say.

"Great now spill!" I say.

"No!" they state. I was about to say something when the door opened. Justin came in not aware that I was here and yelled a few things.

"BOYS I HAVE THE CAKE AND PRESENT FOR MEL!" he shrieks. 

My eyes widen and I whip my head around to face the boys. 

"Nice going dude," Adam mumbles loud enough for Justin to hear.

Justin turns around and his eyes widen at the sight of me.

"Cake? Presents? What is going on!" I say clearly annoyed.

The jerks all sigh and Justin takes a seat. 

"Fine, seeing as though you know some of it, we might as well just tell you," Dylan says. "Justin, you tell her."

"Fine, look. We wanted to throw you a party because we feel bad for following you here and making your life miserable. We are sorry, and that's why we've been so secretive," he explains.

"Hold up. So Justin was at the party store for the me? You guys ditched that day of school for me? So basically you didn't tell me anything because you guys were throwing a surprise party for me?" I ask.

"Yes," they reply. I was stunned. Have they finally changed?

"Thank you," I whisper. They smile, and so I smile. 

"So...are we still having the party cause I wouldn't want that cake, that...." I trailed off.

"Ice cream," they all finished for me.

"Ice cream! Ice cream cake! We wouldn't that ice cream cake to go to waste right?" I say innocently.

"Go ahead," Dylan says. I squeal and jolt for that cake. Ice cream is my favourite. I stuffed my face with the best cake in the world while the guys just watched and laughed. 

I don't know, maybe this won't be so bad. Maybe being friends with them won't be that bad. Maybe, maybe, just.....maybe.