Chapter 21~Like?

Melody's P.O.V

Life was honestly amazing. Me and the jerks have grown closer and I couldn't help but feel like everything was coming into place! Me and Michael have even gotten closer! As for me and Justin, well he still seems closed off, but we are still friends. Just two days ago we went to the beach together and jumped off a cliff. This time, I was pushed off. My life feels complete.

Lucy and Cody are doing very well. She still shows up to school everyday with a smirk on her face and a scarf around her neck. Tristan on the other hand has been feeling nervous and on edge. Almost like he's scared of something. I've tried to ask him about it, but he brushes it off. But I'm not one to give up, as I've said before.

"Tristan!" I yelled across the hallway. He turned around and smiled when he saw me. I ran up to him with a straight face and put a hand on my hip.

"Hey Mel, what's up?" He asks.

"I don't know, you tell me," I respond.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"Cut the bull shit! Just tell me! You and I both know I'll get it out of you one way or another!" I exclaim.

"No Mel. Sorry but my lips are sealed!" He says.

"No! Not from your best friend!" I push.

"Yes! From you too!" He says.

"So much for trust!" I yell.

"God dammit Mel stop pushing it!" He yells back.

"Fuck that! I'm a persistent person!" I yell.

"Fine I like someone!" He says clearly frustrated. My face softened and I smiled at him.

"You have a crush?" I ask.

"Yes I do! And no I won't tell you! Now please drop it!" He pleads.

"But! But!" I say.

"No "buts" Mel! Please!" He pleads.

I stare at him for a moment and sigh.

"Fine," I mumble.

He smiles and hugs me while mumbling into my hair,

"Thank you."

He let's go and rushes off to wherever he needed to go. I sigh, I can't believe he has a crush! I'm so happy for him!

I smiled and walked to my car. As I drove home I saw Justin's car drive by; as per usual. He's been going out a lot. I've asked around and most students say they've seen him around the local club. Not Peers Club, the one that's 15 minutes away from the school. Don't ask me why they decided to build either buildings close to each other.

I pulled up into my driveway and headed to the kitchen. I was hungry.

"Tam?" I call. She comes into view with a smirk plastered on to her face.

"Well, well, well, you look familiar. You almost look like my step daughter! What's her name? Harmony? Elody? Leony? Oh I know! Melody!" She says.

"Ha ha ha, very funny Tammy. I'm sorry I've been M.I.A lately. A lot of stuff has been going on," I say.

"I see. Wanna tell me about it?" She asks.

"No thanks," I sigh.

"Alright. Well I'm going to fix you up some lasagna. I'll call you when it's ready," she says with a smile.

"Thanks Tam," I say.

"You're welcome Mel," she says and walks away. I walk upstairs and into my room. I strip down and get into the shower. The warm water hits my back and sooths my cold skin. Once I was done, I dried myself and got into some pyjamas. After a half hour of homework, Tammy called me.

I ran downstairs and was instantly embraced with the scent of lasagna. I sat down and ate my pieces. Once I was done, I helped Tammy with the dishes and went back upstairs to finish up my history homework.

Once I was finished with that, I got into my bed. It was almost eleven and I was tired. Before I drifted off to bed I realized I haven't been to the hospital in a while. I was wondering how Zayn was doing. The doctor said he'd contact me if there were any changes, he hasn't. Maybe it's because I haven't been coming in lately? Better go there tomorrow just to be safe. Lucy has been going there a lot, or so she says. She's probably at home with Cody or something. Or maybe she really is visiting Zayn. Who knows?

The lights from Justin's room were on. I haven't talked to him in a while either. I feel somewhat guilty. I feel like I need to talk to him. Almost like a force is pulling me towards him. I can't get him out of my head. Nor can I go a week without talking to him.

Oh no.

Oh shit.

I'm having that feeling again.

The one I used to feel in freshman year for Jackson.

The one I felt at the beggining of this year for Justin.

I'm getting that feeling back.

And unfortunately, it's for the same boy.

This.

Is.

Not.

Good.