Chapter 13~Fights and kidnappings

Melody's P.O.V

The next day Tristan took me to school while my dad took my car to the shop. Justin was suppose to pick me up, but he cancelled.

My dad and Tammy got pissed when they realized I skipped. Apparently, the school called them and they had no idea what they were talking about. So they tried to call me but, of course, my phone was off.

So now I'm grounded. Lucky me right? I'm not allowed to go to the casino, go to parties, or do anything remotely fun. All I can do, is go to school, and come back home.

I have the best life ever right?

But it's not all bad. They didn't shut out Lucy or Tristan so I'm happy. Lucy said we'd have a girls day after school. When we got to school, Zayn and I had to pretend we were in love. To be honest, this is sort of hard. I only love him as a big brother. I could never see us actually being a couple. I would have said I was dating Alex...if he didn't already have a girlfriend.

Yup, Alex has a girlfriend. Guess who it is? Mindy. MINDY. They started going out a few days ago and he didn't bother to tell me. I'm mad and happy for him. He deserves a girl, and any girl would be lucky to have him. The thing is, Mindy cheats on guys. I've tried to explain this to Alex, but he says she's changed. As if! She never changes. She will cheat on Alex, and he deserves better.

"I have to go to class. You sure you'll be fine with the boys in all your morning classes?" Zayn asks.

"Yeah, I'll be okay," I say. He nods and walks away. I walk to Mr. William's class and the jerks were already there. I sat in my seat in the middle of them, and decided I would pay attention.

Half way through the class, Justin poked me. I ignored it. He poked me again and I looked at him. He smiled, a real smile, and so I naturally smiled back, not wanting to be rude. He turned and looked back up at the board. I did the same, but I was still confused. He poked me just to smile at me? Something is up. The bell rung and I left the class. I decided to take a pit stop at the vending machine where I encountered Justin.

"Hey Beauty," he says.

"Justin," I acknowledge.

"What you aren't gonna call me by my nickname?" he asks in mock hurt.

"Nope," I say popping the "p."

"Alrighty then," he says.

I get my Salt and Vinegar chips, and my Coca Cola, and I head off to my next class with Justin hot on my trail. I picked up the pace and turned a corner, which was another way to get to Science class. Just as I turned the corner, someone covered my mouth, and blind folded me. I squealed and tried to get out of their grasp. They picked me up and started to run.

I stopped struggling and decided to let them take me. To be honest, I knew it was one of the guys. I recognize their hold....as weird as that sounds.

Anyways, after a few moments I was set on the ground and the blindfold was removed.

"What do you want Jackson?" I ask.

We were in a dark alley behind the school. There were garbage cans everywhere and I think I was sitting right beside gum.

"Just wanted to say hi," he says.

"What the hell? What's up with you guys?" I ask.

"Nothing," he responds.

"There's obviously something up because you wouldn't kidnap me to a dark alley for no damn reason," I say.

"Fine, I'll tell you," he says. "Justin is making a plan to ask you out to homecoming but first he needs to get Zayn out of the picture so he made me kidnap you so you wouldn't be able to stop any of his plans."

I was in shock. Is this jerk saying that Justin is gonna fight Zayn? I mean, I don't care if me and Zayn are fake dating, I still care about him! I jumped up and was about to run away until the rest of the jerks came into view; even Dylan.

"Move! Zayn is in trouble!" I shriek.

"No can do, we made a promise to Justin," Connor says.

"Fuck that! I need to get to Zayn," I cry. Tears were welling up in my eyes. Zayn is like my big, overprotective brother. He was like Dylan! I can't let him get hurt again!

"Don't worry, your boyfriend will just get mildly hurt!" Michael says casually. I tear slipped and I looked at Dylan.

"Dylan?" I ask sadly.

"Adam's dad is best friend's with the Dean of Oxford! He can do anything! Cupcake I promise I never wanted this!" Dylan exclaims.

"Justin won't go that far" Adam says.

"He's not my boyfriend! I panicked when Justin asked me to be his boyfriend and I lied! Zayn is like my big brother and he doesn't fight because he knows his own strength! Please! Please let me go!" I yell.

The jerks were all stunned by this information. A few more tears slipped and I started to run. I pushed past all of them as they were processing the information. I started to run and I ended up taking off my heels so I could run faster. I got out of the alley, and frantically looked around to where I was.

I heard my name from behind me and I looked back; it was Dylan. I looked at the street name and realized I was 2 blocks away from school; so I ran. I ran like the wind. I was sprinting and I couldn't see anything, but what was in front of me.

By the time I was 5 meters away from the school, someone stopped me. I turned around panting and saw Michael.

"What Michael? What do you want? I'm tired for always looking over my shoulder because of you jerks. One of my closest friends are going to get beaten up so leave me alone!" I cry. He didn't say a word, he just let me go. I stood there a little stunned, but gave him a small smile.

I ran inside the school and looked for a crowd. I didn't see one in the hallways, or the cafeteria. So I went to the football field. There, I heard a group of people chanting "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" I ran to the crowd and pushed past everyone so I could see what was going on.

Zayn was basically unconsious. He took my "don't hurt Justin," way to literally. I mean, if he's beating you up, go ahead, kick his ass.

"ZAYN!" I shriek.

The chanting stopped and I ran towards Zayn.

"Zayn? Zayn answer me!" I cry. I was crying at this point and Tristan came over to comfort me. Zayn wasn't responding and I couldn't see his chest rising like I usually do.

"Tristan! Tristan is he dead?" I cry.

He checked his pulse and he shook his head.

"Get him to the hospital now. His pulse is slowing down my the second," Tristan says.

All the boys on the football team took Zayn and rushed him to the hospital. I cried into Tristan's shoulder and he rubbed my back. I didn't even bother to look at Justin. I was just to mad at him.

"Let's go home okay? I'll tell Luce to come over too," Tristan says softly. I nod and he leads me back to his car.

"Melody!" I hear Justin holler.

I didn't look back. I didn't want to. I just got into Tristan's car and he drove. The last thing I saw, through the outside mirror, was Justin standing in the middle of the driveway, alone. Just the way it should be.