Chapter 9~Fake Date

Melody's P.O.V

Then next morning, Tristan and I woke up and got ready for school. He was wearing his signature look, low V neck, jeans and vans, and I wore some ripped jeans, a black flowy shirt and some black flats. I wore little makeup and he, obviously, wore none.

Lucy called and said to make it up to us for not hanging out yesterday, she'd give us a ride to school.

Tristan and I walked downstairs and into the kitchen where the food was.

"Hello father, morning Tam," I say cheerfully.

"Why hello Melody. Are you going anywhere today?" My father asks.

"No dad. If I am I'll text you," I reason.

"Alright Pumpkin, off you two go," he shoos us off. I laugh and take Tristan's hand.

We walked outside and to Lucy's car. I called shotgun. I got into the passenger seat while Tristan got into the back seat.

"Mel, I'm so so so so so sorry!" Lucy exclaims.

"Lucy it's okay! You had to shop and thats okay!" I reassure her. She nods her head and drives to school.

When we got to school, Zoe and Felisha were already there waiting for us. I got out of the car and headed straight towards them.

"Hey, what's up guys?" I ask.

"Queen, they are planning to get back at you for embarrassing them. And Justin is gonna challenge Zayn for your heart!" Zoe exclaims.

"What?" I yell.

"They are in the football field-" Felisha starts but I cut her off and started to run.

"Shit," I mumble as I run faster.

I come into view with the football field and see Zayn getting his ass kicked. Zayn can fight, like really fight, but he doesn't like to fight on school grounds. Unless he is really getting hurt, then the other guy will die. Metaphorically speaking....in some cases.

"JUSTIN!" I holler.

He stops and turns his head to face me. I sprint over to Zayn and kneel down next to him.

"Zayn! Zayn are you okay?" I ask.

He coughs out blood and gives a small smile.

"I'm okay little queen," he says in a raspy voice.

"No you're not! Alex!" I scream.

Alex comes running towards me and kneels beside his best friend.

"Take Zayn to the nurse now!" I order. He doesn't say a word but does as he's told.

I stand up and glare at Justin.

"Justin. You almost killed my boyfriend!" I screech.

He winces at my tone but quickly straightens up.

"You belong to me!" Justin retorts.

"I'm not an object!" I exclaim.

"I don't care! You are mine!" Justin yells.

"You didn't seem to care back in San Francisco!" I snap.

"People change Melody! You did!" He snarls.

"Yeah well people like you will never change!" I snap back.

"This isn't over," Justin says and walks away. Moments later the bell rings.

I sigh and turn towards the football jocks.

"Make sure he doesn't do anything to Zayn," I whisper.

"No problem Queen," one of them says. I give them a small smile and walk back to the school.

Since I don't have to go to Math, I just stayed by my locker.

"Trouble in paradise?" Mindy, the wanna be queen, says behind me. I turn around to face and give her a fake smile.

"Mindy! I thought you were rotting in hell once I came back!" I say cheerfully.

"Oh no I wasn't in hell. I was in heaven remembering me and Charming's great sex night! You remember, don't you Queen?" She says.

I glare at her and shut my locker.

"What do you want Mindy?" I cut to the chase.

"For you to leave!" She snaps.

"Sorry honey, I'm here to stay," I snap back.

"Bitch this is my school!" Mindy yells.

"I think the student body would beg to differ," I retort.

"Just wait Melody Peers, I will get you back," Mindy says and walks away with her heels clacking. I roll my eyes and wander the halls.

I pass my the hall of achievements we have at our school. It was big. We had the football trophy from last year when we won our big game. We had the student body president picture, which was of me. We had a picture of the Math Olympics which I helped tutor everyone. And we had the best school of the year award!

I smiled at the memories. I missed it all so much. I thought things would go back to the way they were, but because the jerks are here, it's all changed.

I hate them, except for Dylan. They ruined everything! I was suppose to have a peaceful senior year, but now I'm totally screwed.

As I was lost in my thoughts, the bell rung signaling I had to go to English. I sighed and walked towards my class.

~■~

The day went by as normal. Mindy gave me death glares and so did Justin. No one gave me any trouble after the whole Mindy fiasco.

I was currently walking towards Lucy's car and waited beside it.

She came 15 minutes later panting.

"Lucy are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah just had some things to work out," Lucy explains. I nod and we get into her car.

I looked over at her and saw her neck was a little bruised. I smirked. I think she had a little makeout session with someone. And by someone I mean one of the football jocks she likes. She's always had a thing for football jocks.

I laughed softly and she started to drive. Once we got to my house I made her come inside because she missed yesterday. She protested but I insisted.

We were in my room talking until my phone rang.

"Hello?" I picked up.

"Hey little queen, it's Zayn," Zayn says.

"Hey Zayn! What's up?" I ask.

"Well, to make our fake relationship official, I'm taking you out on a fake date," Zayn explains.

"I see. So are you fake asking me out?" I ask.

"Why yes I am," Zayn says in a cowboy voice. I laugh and shake my head.

"Alright Zayn, I accept. What time?" I ask.

"Friday at 7," Zayn says.

"Fancy or casual?" I ask.

"Both," he says.

"Okay see you then," I say. With that we end the call.

I turn my attention back to Lucy and she is grinning like a mad woman.

"Fake date?" She asks.

And from there I fill her in on all the things she missed from yesterday. She was shocked at first, but was fine after she processed everything.

"Wow," she breathes. I nod. She checks her phone and frowns.

"My mom is waiting for me at home, I have to go," she says and gets up from my bed. I frown and get up too.

"Bye Luce," I say.

"Bye Mel," she says and we hug. We break apart and she leaves.

I head into my closet and look around.

Mission: find the perfect outfit for a fake a date!