Chapter 14~Hospitals

Melody's P.O.V

I refused to go home after I saw an ambulance headed towards the school. I refused to speak to anyone, because I didn't want to break. I just stayed silent on the ride to the hospital.

How could Justin do this? Does he actually think I would go out with him after he beat up one of my closest friends? What if Zayn isn't okay? No I won't think like that. Because if I do, that means I'm giving up hope, and hope is all I have left at this point.

"He'll be alright," Tristan soothes. I don't say a word. I just let him drive.

By the time we got to the hospital, Zayn was already in surgery. He was beaten up pretty bad. Apparently, his legs are fractured, and his wrist is broken. He has a large bruise on his stomach, and his skull is damaged.

All thanks to fucking Justin Moors.

The doctors don't know if he'll make it. They said there's a very small chance. But my hopes are still high. A miracle will happen. It just has too.

"Please god, please. Let Zayn be okay. He shouldn't be punished for the burdens that followed me," I whisper.

I sat in the waiting room. I refused to eat. I refused to talk. All I did was sit in a chair curled up in a ball and cried silently.

That's when things happened.

The 6 jackasses, came in. Yes, I'm couting Dylan as one too. I don't care what he says, he could have done something.

"Meldoy," Justin starts.

"Don't Justin. Don't. You wanna know something? I've told you multiple times to leave me and my friends alone! In sophmore year I left! And it was great. You humiliated me in freshman year! And you did the same in senior year too! Now when I leave agian because you guys hate me you come back? How fucking stupid is that? I left to get away from you! I left to make all our lives easier! But you just couldn't resist making my life a living hell huh? Well guess what? You could have possibly killed Zayn! I thought I'd be okay with you guys being here, but I'm not. I'm pissed and I'm done," I say with my voice getting angrier and angrier with each word.

I walked out of the hospital to get some fresh air. I can't deal with this. I can't deal with them. They cause trouble wherever they go. Vegas is my town, not there's. This is my home. Not there's. They destroyed San Francisco as my home, and they'll do it here too.

And I can't let that happen.

I took a stroll around the neighbourhood, just to clear my head. I couldn't deal with all this. My life was suppose to be simple the minute I got here. The only normal thing that has happened is that I got on a plane to Vegas. That's pretty sad.

After about 15 minutes just walking and thinking, I walked back to the hospital. I went up to the third floor and walked to Zayn's room and waited outside. I tried to keep my breathing to a normal rate, but I couldn't help but be breathing very quickly. Tristan, Lucy, and the 6 jerks were outside the door too, but they didn't say a word.

Suddenly, the doctor came and stood a little sad. Tears started to well in my eyes, and Lucy came over to hug me.

"The good part is that he survived," the doc says.

Hope fluttered in my heart. I knew he would survive this! I knew he would fight it!

"However, he is in a coma....and there's very limited hope he will ever wake up," the doctor says.

My heart broke. Those few simple words crashed down on all my walls. It felt like my whole world has been burned by the sun. I started to shake. No, more like tremble. My knees were going weak and tears were forming in my eyes.

"Mel-" Tristan says but I didn't get to hear the rest of what he said because I ran into Zayn's room.

There I saw him. Zayn was on life support with a bunch of wires connected to him and a machine.

I cried. I screamed and sobbed. I fell to the ground. I couldn't feel a single damn thing but pain. My big brother could be dead.

I cried for hours. Who knew someone could have that many tears in their body. No one came into the room for the 4 hours I've been in here. Not Tristan, not Lucy, definitely not Justin or the rest of the jerks. Not even the doctors or nurses. They all let me be. They all let me cry here and have time to think. Again.

I got up from the floor and walked over to Zayn.

"Zayn. Zayn? I know you can hear me because I've been in your situation before," I chuckle just a little. "I'm sorry this happened to you. It's my fault. If you could speak right now you would argue but I know the truth. If I never lied about you and me, this wouldn't have happened. I am so sorry. I know I should be asking you to fight, and I want you too. But speaking from experience, I know it's hard to fight something you can't. So if you want to give up, just let go. I'll be okay. We all will. I would miss you so fucking much, but it's life right? Sometimes you just have to let go. You're my big brother, and I don't want you to suffer. I love you Zayn," I say and kiss his forehead.

I sighed and opened his room door. I left and sat on the chairs outside. I didn't want to go home, I'd just be pitied and the boys were just next door.

"Would you like some food sweetie?" A nurse asks me.

I look up at her and see she's holding a bowl of hot and sour soup. They don't sell that here...

"I know you're hurt because your friend is in the hospital. I've been coming to check up on you through the window every hour. I asked your friends before they left what you would eat, and they said this soup. So I went out and got it for you," she explains.

"That was very kind of you, thank you" I say softly.

"Would you like to sleep in the room connected to his? It doesn't seem like you want to go home," she says.

That's true. I didn't want to go home. I'd rather stay here and keep an eye on Zayn. I just won't go to school tomorrow. I'm sure the teachers would understand.

"That would be lovely," I say.

So she took me into the room. I was given a hospital night gown for pj's and I was also given the soup. The rest of the night I didn't answer anyone's calls or texts. I just laid in bed and watched tv. Occasionally I would see how Zayn was doing. Each time there was no difference, but I didn't stop checking.

I have to have hope that he will wake up. He has too. Or Justin Moors is dead.

---------------------
Authors Note

Did you like it? Ok so you guys are probably pissed at me but please. This is just how it was suppose to plan out in the beginning. I'm sorry if you don't like it. But I hope you'll keep reading.

This book will be a maximum of 25 chapters. I will tell you if it will be any longer. But for now 25 chapters is the longest because I can't wait to start the third book and finish the series.

I also have another book that I'm writing but it won't be published until this series is done. Or, if I finish it before this book, I'll just publish the whole story.

Ps. Thank you to everyone who has followed me and has been enjoying my books. It's very encouraging. I also love when you vote and comment. I love to read your opinions on things.

Ok guys, get anxious for the next few chapters. And love ya!