Chapter 19~Answers Part 2

Melody's P.O.V

I still have no answers for any of my missions and it's been a week! I've tried asking Justin if he knew anything about Mr. Good Looking and he said he's seen Lucy with Cody; one of the football jocks. And it would make sense because he was in school that day Lucy gave me a terrible hint! So I may have a lead on that but Lucy has been MIA. 

Justin and the rest of the jerks either deny that Justin was at a party store, or they refuse to tell me why he was there! And I'm getting angry! And I still don't know what their big secret is! But, I think the party store and their secret are linked. Currently I had Dylan cornered. He wasn't getting anywhere. 

"Dylan," I say innocently.

"Melody, let me go," he says steady.

"How about no?" I suggest.

"You won't get anything out of me," he says.

"So you're saying there is something?" I ask.

"No!" he says.

"So you're saying there is nothing at all?" I question and inch towards him and I give him my best puppy dog eyes.

"No," he says.

"So you're saying there's something but nothing but that nothing turned into a something and because there is really something, you say there is a nothing just so you can hide me from the something?" I ask. His eyes go wide an confused.

"What? Yes! I mean no! I mean there is something but I'm lying and saying nothing!" he exclaims.

"HA! So there is a something and you all are lying to me!" I say with victory.

"What?" he says.

"I got something out of you!" I squeal. 

He groans and runs away before I could trick him any further. 

"Dammit," I mumble. It was the end of the day anyways so I had to get home. 

Great! So there is a something that the jerks aren't telling me and Dylan made that clear. As I was walking out, I saw Cody. I called his name and ran up to him.

"Oh, hey Queen," he says and scratches the back of his neck.

"Hey, so what's up?" I ask casually.

"Nothing much...is there something you needed?" he asks.

"What? No just wanted to catch up. So do you have a girlfriend?" I ask.

"Oh, Melody, look I love you and all, but just as a sister and-" I cut him off right there.

"Dude! I'm not asking you to be my boyfriend! God no! I just meant is there a special somebody in your life! Ew!" I say. 

"Wow, okay! But, uh, no not really. I mean, well, yeah uh no," he says and avoids eye contact.

"Come on Cody!" I push.

"Alright so there is this girl," he starts.

"Who's name," I continue.

"Shall not be mentioned," he finishes.

"Come on!" I say annoyed.

"Alright, her name starts with an L," he says.

"Lucy?" I ask.

He looks away again and I can see his face turn slightly pink.

"Really?!" I squeal.

"Okay yes fine!" he says. I jump up and down in excitement. 

"So how long?" I ask.

"Just a few months," he says. "Look I gotta go, I'll see you later." And he walks away.

I was still grinning like an idiot. I ran to my car and drove off to Lucy's house. I walked straight into her house since it was always unlocked and ran to her room.

"I KNOW WHO MR. GOOD LOOKING IS!" I scream. 

She jumped up from her bed and put a hand to her heart. 

"Dammit Mel! You scared the crap out of me!" she shrieks. 

I don't say a word and I lunge onto her bed.

"Cody," I say. She looked confused until her face lighted up to surprised. 

"How did you? I mean, Melody! You have to understand," she started.

"Look I treat Cody and the rest of the jocks as my brothers. Why didn't you just tell me it was Cody?" I ask.

She looked surprised then relieved. 

"I just, I didn't know how you would react," she says.

"Oh honey, I will never overreact," I say. She smiles at me and I smile back.

I ended up leaving shortly after that and I headed home. I was so happy I knew who Mr. Good Looking was! Praise the lord! Now all I have to do is figure out the other two mysteries with the jerks. And I am so ready to fish these secrets out. 

By the time I got home and went to my room, it was 6. I decided to take a shower and get ready for bed. I had a sandwich for dinner and then I went to bed. I still have the whole school year to figure out the 2 other mysteries, but I'm impatient. It's almost December and I'm hoping I won't have to dwell on the past and it's secrets in the new year! That would suck!

Two mysteries. Just two. I can get through two missions in a little more than a month.

1. What are the jerks hiding from me?

2. What was Justin doing in a party store?