Chapter 17~Secrets

Melody's P.O.V

The weeks flew by. There was no improvements with Zayn. However, I have been doing better. I have finally been talking to people; including the jerks. I'm not saying I forgive them, but I'm getting there. We did go out to eat together a few days ago, which was okay. They paid for my meal and drove me back to my house.

The doctors have been telling me that there is a five percent chance that he would survive. I refused to believe them. No matter what anyone says I still have hope that he will wake up. He has too. I know I said I would be okay if he didn't wake up and he moved on, but now I wasn't.

I went to school the next day and was keeping up with all my work. I have been feeling much better. I mean, I have to go on with my life right? The bell rang signalling lunch and I walked to the cafeteria. As I was walking, I realized I haven't seen Lucy lately, or Mindy. Not that I cared about Mindy. I called Lucy to ask if she wanted to go out for lunch with me.

"Hello?" she says almost out of breath.

"Hey Luce. You good?" I ask.

"What? Melody? Oh yeah I'm good," she says. We were in a silence for a few moments until I speak up.

"So wanna go out for lunch with me?" I ask.

"Right now? Today? I mean," she pauses for a second. "Yeah of course! Meet me at the front doors in two minutes," she says and hangs up.

"Ok?" I mumble and stare at my phone. I walk to the doors and wait for Lucy. Two minutes went by and she came into view.

"Hey Mel, haven't seen you in a while," she says and walks out.

As she walks out I see hickeys on her neck and I immediately smirk. No wonder she was out of breath on the phone. We walked to Mcdonalds and ordered our food, then we sat down. We ate in silence for a few minutes until I decided to speak.

"Who's the guy?" I blurt out.

Lucy chokes on her food and looks at me.

"What?" she asks.

"I asked, who's the guy?" I repeat.

"There is no guy," she defends.

"Honey, anyone can see the love bites on your neck," I point out.

Her hand whips up to her neck and she instantly blushes.

"So," I push.

"Ok so there is this guy," she starts.

"Ah so that's why you have been MIA lately," I say.

"I know and I'm sorry it's just I really like this guy," she says.

"So who is it?" I ask.

"Oh sweetie, that's a question for another day," she says. I glare at her and she smirks with victory.

"Fine, have you guys had sex?" I ask.

"Yes," she says bluntly.

"Really? How long have you guys been going out?" I ask.

"Well I have liked him for a while now, when you were gone. But we have been going at it for around 5 weeks now," she says.

I stare at her shock.

"Five weeks? Really? That's a little sudden," I say.

"I don't care, we really like each other," she says. That's where I dropped the conversation.

We finished our lunch and headed off to class. Lucy scurried away and said she was looking for Mr. Good Looking as she says it. I swear she is obsessed. I walked to my locker and there stood Justin.

"Hi," I say softly.

"Hello," he says.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Just wanted to see how were you doing," he says a little quietly because I knew what he meant.

"No changes with him, so no changes with me," I say.

"I see, can I walk you to class?" he asks.

"I guess," I say.

I shut my locker and we walk to class. He drops me off at PE and walks away. At the end of the day, I asked Lucy if she wanted to come over, and she declined and said she wanted to go to Mr. Good Looking's house. I was sort of getting frustrated with her and this guy, but that's okay. She has been grieving as much as me with the whole Zayn thing, so some part of me was happy for her, but the other part of me was sad she was ditching me for this guy she barely knows.

I got home and sat at my bay window like I usually do. I haven't been to the hospital in 13 days. I suppose I should go visit Zayn, it's the right thing to do. So I grabbed my phone and wallet and headed to my car. I drove to the hospital and immediately went to Zayn's room. I looked through the glass window and he was still laying there almost lifeless.

"Oh Zayn, how much longer?" I whisper.

"Don't stress over it," Dylan says from behind me.

I spin around and come face to face with Dylan and Michael.

"Oh, uh, hey," I say and look down.

"So how's it going baby sis?" Michael asks.

"Fine?" I say as more of question.

"You don't have to be scared of me Mel," Michael goes on.

"Yeah well considering you betrayed me thrice, I think I have the right," I say.

"Look, can't we get passed that?" Michael asks.

"Depends, do you know something I should know?" I ask.

He was quiet, almost like he was thinking.

"Nope," he says almost like he is trying so hard to convince me.

"Uh, okay? Then I guess we can put the past in its place," I say.

"Great, so how's Zayn doing?" he asks.

"Look at him," I say and turn towards the window again.

"Sorry stupid question," he mumbles.

I turn to Dylan and give him a small smile.

"So how's Justin doing?" I ask out of curiosity.

"I wouldn't know. We aren't exactly on speaking terms," Dylan says with frustration. I raise my eyebrow and look at Michael for the answer.

"He's uh doing fine," he says and looks away. Okay, obviously he is lying, but I decided to let it go.

"Um, okay? Well I'm gonna go, see you guys around," I say.

They mumble their farewells and I head out. Something is up with the guys. I don't know what, but it's something. Great, now I have two problems:

1. Who the fuck is Mr. Good Looking?

2. What are the guy's keeping from me?

And this school year just got a little more interesting.

-----------------------
Authors Note

Hey guys. Hope you liked the chapter. More drama will be arising soon I can tell you that! Anyways, this chapter is dedicated to @wolf_powers since her birthday was 3 days ago on May 10! Hope you enjoyed!