Chapter 16~Amends?

Melody's P.O.V

4 weeks. It's been 4 damn weeks and nothing. Zayn has been on life support at this point. The doctors say he's doing somewhat better. They sometimes find him twitch a little. They say he's trying to send a message but he doesn't have the strength in him.

I haven't talked to the guys this whole month. I only went to school, ate alone for lunch, came home, did homework, ate dinner, took a shower, and went to bed. The only people I talked to were Tristan, Lucy, and Alex.

Everyone has been worrying about me. The kids at school, mom, dad, Tammy. Everyone. The jerks have tried to talk to me but I'd either ignore them or walk the other way. I just can't wait until Zayn wakes up.

He will wake up.

I was walking to Biology with my head held low. I still looked alright, but I felt terrible. My teacher said we'd be dissecting frogs and other animals with new lab partners.

Great.

I entered the classroom and it fell silent. I smiled at everyone, trying to prove to them that I was doing better, but they weren't fooled. They all smiled back and I sat in my usual seat.

I've been going to the guidance counselor here in the school. I'm free to leave any class at any point to go talk to her.

The jerks came in and took their usual seats.

"Melody?" Dylan says. I look at him and stare at him in the eyes. I'll admit, I have forgiven him a bit, but really? Would you rather save a guy who is about to be beat up? Or have your chances to going to a university be jeopardized? Oxford is one of many universities! And Dylan is smart! He can get into a lot of them!

"Dylan," I whisper.

"So you're talking to me?" He asks.

I shrug not knowing what to say.

"Look Melody," he starts.

"Dylan I understand that you want to go to Oxford. I really do. But there are so many other schools you will get in to! I promise! I just can't believe you would let one of my best friends get beat up. Or at least not try to stop them! Or ruin their plans! You know how strong Justin is, why? Why did you let him do it? You could have let them fight but then came into the middle of it when it was going to far!" I say.

"Oxford has been my dream school for years now! I wasn't just going to give it away!" He exclaims.

"Yeah I can see that," I murmur.

He opened his mouth to say something but the teacher came in. He closed his mouth and went to his seat.

"Alright class, today you will be pared up with someone in the class and start dissecting frogs. Doesn't that sound fun?" He says.

We all stayed quiet indicating that was definitely not fun.

"Ok then. Well Dylan and Nancy, Ronald with Quin, Michael with Jordan, Melody with Justin-" and I stopped listening from there.

I'm with him? Great! That's just fucking great! The universe hates me!

"Hey partner," Justin says and sits down beside me.

I get out of my seat and grab my bag.

"Where are you going Beauty?" Justin asks with a smirk.

I keep a straight face on and walk towards the door.

"Ms. Peers! Where are you going?" the teacher asks.

"Guidance!" I scream.

"No you must stay and complete this task," the teacher yells.