Chapter 11~Ditching

Melody's P.O.V

The next day I woke up and got ready for school. When I was done, I ran downstairs and got into my car. I tried turning on the engine, but it didn't work. I frowned and tried again; it didn't work.

"Damn it," I mutter.

I checked the time and saw it was almost 10; that's when our school starts. Tristan, Lucy, Zayn and Alex are probably all at school right now. I looked out the window and saw Adam's car was still in the driveway.

"Screw it," I mutter and got out of the car. I walked to their door and stood in front of their doorway. I was ready to knock. I was ready to ask.

"If you do, they will never leave you alone," my inner conscious told me.

That's right. That is so utterly right. But I can't ditch, dad and Tam will kill me. Then I guess I will walk and be late. I may get detention but it's worth it. So I turned around and walked down the steps. I was stopped in my tracks when I was called by Dylan.

"Melody are you okay?" Dylan says.

I turned around slowly and faced all 6 boys.

"Me? Oh yeah I was just-well you see-I mean I'll just-you know what? Never mind, I'll see you guys around," I said and turned back.

I started walking down the streets. The school was 30 minutes away from here. I was going to miss most of first period. Great. I sighed and started to walk faster.

"Shit I'm going to be late," I mumble to myself.

I was lost in thought when I was finally pulled away by a car honking at me. I turned my head to face Justin.

"Beauty, you do realize school is thirty minutes away," he says.

"I know," I respond.

"Why aren't you driving?" he asks.

"I-my car broke down," I sigh.

"Wait, is that why you came to our doorway?" Adam asks.

"Hey! Eyes on the road mister!" I scold playfully. The boys chuckle and stop the car.

"Why are you stopping?" I ask.

"Because you need to get into the car," Justin says.

"No, no I couldn't. It's okay, screw it," I say.

"No, Cupcake, get into the car," Dylan says. I opened my mouth to say something but Michael cut me off.

"Get into the fucking car already! We all know you want too,"

"Fine!" I exclaim and got into the car.

The boys smiled with victory and Adam hit the gas pedal.

We got to school 2 minutes before the bell rang.

"Bye! Thanks!" I yell and ran towards the door.

I didn't want to stay with them any longer than I already did, things were just getting awkward. But Justin caught up to me in an instant and stopped me.

"Justin I gotta go!" I cry.

"Let me walk you," Justin says.

I looked into his eyes and saw he was genuinte. I sighed and nodded my head. I rushed towards my locker and got my textbooks out for math. Things were falling out of my locker and I let out a frustrated sigh. The bell rang and I groaned.

"Hey! Hey! Melody!" Justin exclaims.

"What?" I ask frustrated.

"Lets ditch, you're having a bad morning, let's just ditch," Justin reasons.

I debated whether or not I should skip school. I mean, I was considering it earlier on. However, this is with Justin. I mean, it's not like he's bad, okay he is, but we can be friends, right?

"Are you gonna respond or?" Justin questions.

"Fuck it, let's go," I say.

Justin grinned and helped me put my textbooks back into my locker. I closed it and we ran outside before we got caught by any teachers. We got into Adam's car, Justin has extra keys, and he drove off.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Harvey's," Justin replies cooly. I was silent for a moment until I bursted out laughing.

"What's so funny?" Justin asks with a chuckle.

"Harvey's? Why there?" I ask after sobering up.

"Because their burgers are awesome and I want a burger," Justin says with a shrug. I chuckle and shake my head.

He drove for a few more minutes until we pulled up into the parking lot of Harvey's. We got out and headed inside.

"What are you gonna order?" Justin asks.

"You'll see," I say.

After a few more people ordered, it was our turn.

"What can I get you?" the lady asks.

"Can I get an Angus burger combo, but instead of fries, I want a poutine," I say.

"Alright no problem and your drink?" she asks.

"Coca Cola," I say.

"We only have Pepsi," she says.

"Fine then Pepsi," I say with a sigh.

The lady nods her head and Justin starts to order.

"I will get the hotdog combo, but instead of fries, poutine," he says.

The lady nods her head again, and we pay for our food. We moved to the side and waited for one of the workers to come and put on our toppings. A few minutes later, a man came up to us and says,

"Angus?" he says in a bored tone.

"Yeah, can I get lettuce, tomato, and mayo please? Oh and some hot peppers too," I say.

He put the toppings on and goes on to the hot dog.

"Ketchup and mustard," Justin says. I scrunch up my nose in disgust and he notices.

"What?" he asks.

"Mustard? Yuck," I say.

He laughs and gets our tray. We sat down at a table and ate in silence for a while until Justin spoke up.

"How's Zayn?" he asks.

I stared at him and sighed.

"Fine, I mean after you and him had that-uh- little encounter, he's been a little shaky. I mean he's fine! But, he has to go to the nurse every other period to get checked up on," I say.

"Mel, I'm sorry-"

"I know," I cut him off.

He nods and we continue to eat in silence. The rest of the day, we talked, went to the park and had ice cream. He dropped me home and I didn't see him after that. I didn't see any of the jerks.

"They probably went out," I mumble to myself as I got into my bed. I closed my eyes, and went to bed. Tomorrow I have no choice to go to school, and Justin assured me he'd drive me to school. Hopefully everything will turn out fine.