Chapter 10~The Date

Melody's P.O.V

Today is Friday, which means the day of the date. I had finally found the perfect outfit and I was so happy. I also went to the mall earlier on in the week to get some accessories.

I was currently in the bathroom taking a shower. Using my Warm Vanilla Sugar body wash, I scrub my whole body clean.

Once I was done my shower, I shaved my legs, and I moisturized. I wrapped a towel around my body, and walked into my room.

I went into my closet to get my outfit. It was a short sleeved, floral print, crop top, paired with a black, knee length, skirt. I closed my closet door and changed into my outfit.

When I was done, I went into the bathroom and curled my hair. My dirty blond hair was in loose curls and it fell nicely on my shoulders.

I smiled at myself in the mirror and carried on with makeup. Concealer, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and obviously, my signature red lipstick!

Once I was done I got out of the bathroom and walked into my room. I stood in front of the full length mirror and just stared at myself.

For the first time, I'm going on a date with someone who actually cares about me. I mean, Charming cares about me now, but last year, he was more of the image type of guy. Justin just did all that shit for a bet, and I was fooled by it.

I hadn't realized a tear slipped until I felt it roll onto my neck. I shook my head and wiped away the tear. I sighed and stared at the ground.

I felt someone watching me. You know that feeling? It's really creepy, but I didn't think much of it.

I walked over to my dresser and got my favourite necklace. It was plain but had the word forever. I know what you guys are thinking, "why the hell are you wearing a necklace that has yours and Justin's word on it?" Look, I don't care what me and Justin had, it was fake. I like the word. Whether or not it reminds me of him.

I looked into my dresser mirror and tried to do up the necklace. However, it was sort of hard since it was one of those challenging necklaces. I closed my eyes shut and looked down.

"Damn it," I mumbled.

I heard a thump from behind me where the bay window was.

"Let me help you with that," a deep, husky voice says.

I knew on instinct it was Justin. Our fingers brushed past each other as I lowered my hands and he did up my necklace.

"There you go," he says.

I turned around to face him and gave him a small smile.

"Thanks," I say softly.

"You look beautiful. Are you going on a date?" Justin asks.

I stare into his memorizing, blue eyes and nodded.

"With Zayn?" Justin mumbles.

"Who else? He is my boyfriend," I say the last part quietly.

"Your necklace...it says..." he trails off.

"Forever," I carry on.

"Why did you pick that one?" he asks not trying to make eye contact.

"Because I like the word," I respond simply.

"Right, well-" he starts but the doorbell rings and cuts him off. I knew instantly it was Zayn.

"Well you'd better get going, and I should too," Justin says uncomfortably.

"Yeah I guess we should," I say.