Chapter 12: Forgiveness is Love

Bernice
The Next Morning

After taking a shower I looked in the mirror at my now growing belly. I sighed putting cocoa butter on it. No stretch marks over here. I threw on a tank top, sweat suit, sneakers, and a hat. I really just didn't care right now. First I'm going to the gym to workout with my trainer and then to Toya's because she lives over there. Dave still didn't come home last night, which pissed me off to the highest degree. Getting slapped in your shit didn't teach you a lesson?

After the gym I was tired, but not too tired. At least it wasn't like the first trimester where I didn't even make it to the gym. All I did was sleep all day and feel sick. I drove over to Toya's place in Tribeca. I went up to her floor then the door knocking. She answered still in her pajamas, which was a silk top and bottoms. She looked surprised to see me probably because I didn't call first. I knew I forgot to do something. "It's almost noon. Why are you still in your pj's?" I asked just walking in.

"Today's my lazy off day," she said yawning. I sat on the couch and she went to the kitchen. "What brings you to my side of town? Coffee?"

"I went to the gym. No, thank you." I looked at her hair. One thing I noticed about Toya is she doesn't keep a hairstyle or hair color for long. "Bitch, you are slaying my life with this hair!" I said snapping dramatically. She flipped her hair over her shoulder smiling.

 She flipped her hair over her shoulder smiling

"Thank ya, baby. Oh my god! I saw all the drama in the groupchat. I can't believe Dave would do that. I still love him, he gets me paid, but I thought more highly of him. He's on dirt, for real! I'm disappointed and next time I see him I'm going to give him a good Bay Area ass whooping," I laughed. "Was she at least a dime? Like hella bad, not a 6 at best."

"Definitely bad, I'll give her that. I pointed her out one night at a club because the ass was serious. We introduced ourselves, come to find out Dave knew her back in the day."

"Who was the beezy?" I chuckled. Her proper, kind of annoying voice sounds weird with her slang.

"Her name's Cyn. I think it's short for Cynthia."

"Spanish, big boobs, and a big booty?" I nodded my head up and down. "Oh, I know who she is. You know I started working with more rappers. She's like a bottle girl. Nothing wrong with that, but she's a boppa! Always trying to get with a rapper or be seen next to one."

"I'm just over it," I said sighing. "Where's Tasia?"

"She went back to Cali. She's moving out here, but she has to get everything packed up first."

"Yay!" I said clapping, "One more addition to the crew. I like her, she's cool. It's like you times two!"

"Ew, I'm nothing like that little bitch!"