Chapter 42: Rebirth Our Love

Bernice
Manhattan, NYC
July 3rd

I hurried to get dressed because I'm supposed to be going to Dave's parents house. Mrs. Janice offered to fix me a dinner for my birthday. Today was pretty calm. I went to work and that's it so far. I gotta a couple of Happy Birthday texts and calls and that's about it. I was content with that because I don't really care. As long as I get to see my kids I'm fine. I changed out of my work clothes which was a blazer and pencil skirt then changed into a dress. Mrs. Janice told me to dress up and I don't know why, but you gotta follow momma's orders. After putting my heels on I grabbed my purse, phone and keys.

I walked out to the parking garage of my condo building going up to my car

I walked out to the parking garage of my condo building going up to my car. I searched in my purse for my keys. I don't know why I put them up knowing I'm going right to my car. I screamed as a cloth went over my eyes making it dark. "Whatchu screaming for?" The person asked as they tied the cloth. What do you mean why am I screaming? I might possibly be getting kidnapped.

"Watch the hair. This is $200 a bundle, nigga!" I said trying to fix my hair as he pushed me.

The person laughed saying, "$200? Bitch this look mad cheap, yo!" Mouth agape I scoffed. He got some nerve. I couldn't make out who it was, to be quite honest. The voice was deep with an New York accent. It could be anybody. They began to push me then I heard a car door shut. I sat up as best as I could because they tied my hands with a cloth as well.

"Look, I know I've done a lot of dirt in my life but I'm sorry. I've changed. I quit beating bitches ass and everything. I got kids. I got a dog." I said trying to plead my case. The person didn't say anything. Then I felt the car come to a stop. I heard a car door open and shut then another door open. They got me out pulling me.

After walking a bit they stopped me turning me to face a certain direction. He then untied the cloth when I heard "Surprise!" I looked around to see all of my family and friends smiling at me. I was trying to fight back the fact that I was actually pissed the hell off. Had me scared shitless for a damn surprise party. I hate surprises. I'm a very planned and organized person. Dave came up to me smiling with Malachi following behind him as he held Aurora. I smiled looking around at the decorations in amazement. It was Chanel themed. My favorite designer label.