Chapter 22: Under the Influence

Dave
A Month Later

I stood in the VIP section of this club I just performed at with Trey. If I wasn't getting paid to be here I would go home because for the past month I've been doing shows with Trey. When I did come home it wasn't for that long. I looked at the time on my phone saying 20 after midnight. Two more hours and I can get out of here and go home. I grabbed the bottle of Hennessy throwing it straight back, no cup. When I lowered it from my lips I could see Trey talking to a female. I immediately smacked my lips after realizing it was Cynthia. She had on the outfit the bottle girls wore. Buddha nudged me, "Cyn's a bottle girl?"

"I guess so." I don't care. I just need to avoid her. Trey came over to us with Cyn following right behind him.

"Hey, Buddha." She said then looked over at me staring as if she wanted to fuck me right here in this club. "Hey, D-Boy. How have you been? How's the wifey?" She asked clearly in a mocking matter.

"She's good. Still my wife, still in love, pussy still tight." I said drinking more Henny as Buddha snickered. I was tipsy and high, so my mouth was a little reckless. Anything to get her away from me.

"I bet it is," she said sarcastically. "Free bottle of Ace of Spades on us. Enjoy!" She said sticking it in the bucket of ice before walking off. I'm tipsy, I don't wanna be here and now she's here. Two hours couldn't come faster.

Bernice
Brooklyn, NYC

I watched in amusement as a drunk Toya kicked her legs in the air while she told a story. "He put that leg over his shoulder and it was ova! Murdered my shit! I started reevaluating my life. I thought about my kids kids. I thought about my retirement plan and if I have a Will in place. Just good lord!" She said causing everyone to laugh. "I don't know why I waited so long to give him the kitty, but I'm glad I did."

"Buddha does look like he got that life changing D," Brittany said sipping her wine.

"Life changing, death changing, afterlife changing, can I take it with me to heaven or hell? D!"

"Okay, we get it!" I said laughing as she shrugged. It was one a.m. and we sat in Brittany's loft in our pajamas just enjoying each others company. It was me, Brittany, Toya, Tori, and Tasia. It was better than being alone. "I just want to know which one of you is going to go on a date with my brother?" I asked Tori and Tasia.

"I don't date men with kids, sorry." Tori said sipping her drink. "That was too much baby mama drama with Wayno. I'm good on that." Her and Wayno tried to date for like a millisecond, but that didn't work out clearly.

"Okay well, Benito doesn't have baby mama drama. There is no baby mama! So you can date him. Plus, his son is a teenager. Even better!"

"Nope!"

"Fine. What about you Tasia?"

"Can't. I have a situation back in Oakland."

"So! He won't know! You can just have bicoastal boyfriends. One in the east, one in the west."

She laughed. "Sorry, can't."

"Shit, if y'all don't want him I'll take his fine ass!" Brittany said getting up twerking a little. "All that man, all that body!" She said rubbing an imaginary man.