Chapter 43: Kiss & Kill

Dave
Manhattan, NYC

I sat in my apartment scrolling through instagram waiting for Donna to show up. She asked to come over and talk, so I said yes. She put an emphasis on alone, so I see she's still tripping off of Bernice. I saw the icon pop up that someone tagged me in a picture so I clicked on it and realized it was Bernice.

 I saw the icon pop up that someone tagged me in a picture so I clicked on it and realized it was Bernice

Big Daddy from Daddy😜😍 Thanks for the birthday gift @daveeast #OnlyJokes #ThatsMyFriend #RoRosDaddy

I laughed to myself then liked the picture. I commented 😂Say my name, say my name! Welcome, BM. I locked my phone tossing it on the couch next to me watching the tv. Donna needs to hurry up and get here, so we can get this argument over because I know that's all she wants to do.

After about 30 minutes there was a knock at the door. I got up from the couch swinging the door open. I looked her up and down making a funny face. Chicks be thinking their slick dressing sexy just to argue with a nigga. It's not going to change anything. I'm still going to hold my same stance. I'm not going to change my mind just because you look fuckable. I know this isn't her, so I don't know why she keeps doing it.

I opened the door wider letting her in not even acknowledging her attire not even with a statement or compliment. She went to the living room sitting on the couch and so did I. It was uncomfortably quiet and awkward. "So, what did you want to talk about?" I finally asked.

She crossed her legs saying, "Us. I didn't get to say everything I wanted to due to your baby mama." She said it in a mocking tone pursing her lips. The way she was blinking and looking at me I'm getting the sense this chick might be a little crazy.

"Well, you can finish now because she's not here." I said putting my hand out displaying the empty apartment aside from us.

"At first, I thought your baby mother was the one still in love with you. BUT after seeing the fact you bought her a whole car for her birthday-"

I cut her off saying, "Wait, how you know that?" I raised a brow waiting for an answer. I didn't post anything about it. Only way she'll know that is if she's been lurking on Bernice's social media.

"Can I finish?" She said not answering my question. "But I think you're the one still in love with her. It makes sense. You haven't been in a real relationship since her and you claim you're not ready. You're not ready because you're still in love."

I stuck my bottom lip out jerking my neck a little. "I know. You're not saying anything brand new. I know that. I've kept it one hunnid from the beginning when I told you I'm not ready for that. So, what's your point?"

"My point is, what are we doing here? Either we become exclusive and get in a relationship or we dead it?"

"If I just admitted I'm still in love with my ex why would you give me an ultimatum like that? I've said it a hundred times I'm not ready for a relationship. I don't say that just to be talking, but to protect whatever woman I'm dealing with. I'm not trying to hurt anybody else. Either take it or leave it! That's all I can say, Donna."