Chapter 44: Changing Tides

Bernice
St. James, Barbados
A Month Later

"She said, "Phone yous a dick," well put me in yo mouth hoe!" I yelled in the backseat of the van taking us to the vacation villa

"She said, "Phone yous a dick," well put me in yo mouth hoe!" I yelled in the backseat of the van taking us to the vacation villa. We had just landed in Barbados and are on our way to where we are staying. The people in our van were turnt up to Phone Talk by Robb Banks himself. There was so many of us coming on this trip we were split between two cars. And we decided just to rent a house because it's better than having a whole bunch of rooms at a hotel. "Want that Calendars but that wasn't me that was Richard. He ain't never coming back because I muthafuckin' killed 'em BITCH!" Everyone yelled in unison as the hook played again. Luckily the kids were in the van with their grandparents. I looked over at a sulking Dave flicking his chin rapping, "Doubled up, doubled up, can't nobody fuck wit us," in his face. He smacked his lips crossing his arms as the song ended. "What the hell's wrong with you?"

"Y'all act like he's the only one who raps. We listened to him the whole fucking ride from the airport."

"Don't nobody wanna listen to that boom-bap New York, talkin' bout sad shit rap right now. We're tryna turn up!" Zeek said making everybody laugh.

"I got some turn up songs," Dave said defending himself.

"Like three. You sound like a hater, my guy. I thought we was coo? You said you like my music," Robb said looking back at him.

"You aiight," Dave said looking out of the window.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to listen to my baby daddy," Belinda said looking back. She snatched that aux cord up as soon as we got in the van. It doesn't matter where we're going and why if we're in the car and she has it her way she's listening to her man. It reminded me of when Dave and I were together. You have to be your man's biggest fan.

"He doesn't mean it. He's just grumpy because he didn't get to smoke a blunt before the flight," I said lightly slapping his arm. He shooed me off continuing to look out of the window.

"First I have to wake up early as shit then I didn't even get to light up. This ain't right. Can I at least smoke at this house or do they have rules against it?"

"You can, but it has to be outside. Cheer up, grumpy mcgrumps!" I smiled at him, but he just glared at me. He's in one of those moods so I better leave him alone.

Since that day at the strip club when we kissed we've been spending more time together. Mainly activities with the kids. Family stuff. It's kind of weird because the most he's done is kiss my cheek or peck my lips. I'm not pressed, but it's weird considering it's him.

The car finally came to a stop. We all got out grabbing our bags out of the van. We're only staying a week, but some people decided to pack their whole entire life. Cough, Brittany, cough. She brought her whole closet, I swear. "Welcome to Barbados," a man standing at the door of the house said smiling. "I hope you enjoy our accommodations. You'll be provided with a chef and entertainment the entire week. There are 9 bedrooms and also a pool. Enjoy!" He said opening the double doors. We all filed in some pushing so they could get the best bedroom.