Chapter 45: A Dangerous Shore

Dave
St. James, Barbados

"Would you c'mon, Bernice?!" I yelled looking back at her as I sat on the jet ski

"Would you c'mon, Bernice?!" I yelled looking back at her as I sat on the jet ski. She was really starting to work my nerves.

"Noo! I can't swim. What if I fall off then a shark eats my ass? I wanted to go to a botanical garden, but no. Instead we're doing shit black people don't do!"

"You have a life jacket for a reason, B."

"It's not going to be of any use when the shark eats it off of me," she said in an obvious tone like she believed what she was actually saying.

"Man, let's just go without her scary ass." Zeek said from the front of his jet ski with Brittany on the back.

"Hold on," I said sighing. I got off of the jet ski walking up the shore to Bernice who was standing there with her arms crossed. "If you don't get your ass out there! Your grown ass is behaving like a spoiled child. I didn't raise any punks, so let's go." I said trying to pull her, but she wouldn't budge. I finally just picked her up slinging her over my shoulder.

"Ooh, Papi, you strong!" I couldn't help but laugh. She's so annoying sometimes. I put her down getting back on the jet ski.

I looked at her just standing there saying, "Get on." She looked at me rolling her eyes, but did as told. "Hold tight," I said as she wrapped her arms around my torso.

"Now, don't go too fast-" before she knew it we were taking off.

"Hold onto your wigs ladies!" Buddha yelled. I laughed especially since Bernice was screaming like her life depended on it. We sped through the ocean as the waves bumped us up high every so often. I turned in a circle sharply as she screamed loudly.

"I think I'm gonna be sick!" She yelled as she rested her head on my back. I stopped the jet ski looking back at her busting out laughing. "This isn't funny!"

"You're such a drama queen."

"Please, just take me back to land."

"Okay...right after this!" I said doing more circles before I turned in the direction back towards the beach. I let her off watching as that ass jiggled with every step through the shallow water. When she got on her knees touching the ground pretending to kiss it I went into a fit of laughter before speeding off again.

. . .

I ran up on Malachi shooting him with the water gun. He guarded himself beginning to cry. I smacked my lips saying, "I know you ain't crying..."