Chapter 68: I Never Left You

*Fact: I only wrote this story to promote Dave East & Robb Banks music. I so proud of my baby😭 He looks so fine😍

I feel like a proud mom when some1 says they listened to them bcuz of me. They need to hire me😂 2 more chapters!🙌🏾

Dave
Upstate Correctional Facility

The guards walked me into the visiting area where I saw Bernice sitting at a table with Malachi

The guards walked me into the visiting area where I saw Bernice sitting at a table with Malachi. I was still battling with letting them visit me in here, but after Bernice told me how Kai has been behaving I know I needed to see him in person. Phone calls isn't enough. To know he thinks I abandoned him breaks my heart.

Bernice stood up from the table where I saw her say something to him. When I walked up to them he looked a little unsure of how to react so I said, "You can hug me, K-" before I could finish he was wrapping his arms around me. I chuckled picking him up seeing he was crying. I wiped his face kissing him. "I missed you, little man."

"I missed you too," he said sniffling. I kissed his cheek before putting him down. I kissed Bernice next then we sat down. "You look bigger," he said looking at my confused.

"I've been working out. You see these guns," I said flexing my arm pointing to it as he laughed.

"You're still weak!"

"Oh, word? When I get out you'll be the first to catch these hands. How have you been doing in school?"

"G-"

Bernice cut him off saying, "You better not lie."

He looked at her pouting then saying, "My grades are good, I just had to move my card to red a couple of times."

"Why?"

"This boy said something about you, so I called him a name. He pushed me, so I clocked him in the face," Kai said shrugging. I couldn't help but laugh. "You told me if somebody puts their hands on me that I can hit them back."

"I did tell you that, but sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles. You can't fight everybody. Also, stop putting your hands on your sister. If I hear about you doing it again it'll be me and you."

"Okay," he said lowering his head. He shot it back up asking, "Did you get the drawing I sent you?"

"I sure did. It's hanging up right now. I love it and I love you."

"I love you too," he said smiling.

I turned towards Bernice asking, "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Even better now that he's gotten to see you. You know Aurora wants to see you."

"I know. I just wanted only him to come, so I can talk to him. How's baby girl, Lo?"

"She's good. The most cooperative baby I've ever seen. She gives me no trouble unlike Ro at that age. Just a sweet, little thing." She was quiet for a moment then said, "I should tell you that I got a DNA test on her." I looked at her furrowing up my eyebrows. "I know you said you didn't wanna know, but-"