Chapter 46: The Waves Know

Bernice
The Next Morning

I stirred in my sleep fluttering my eyes open looking around seeing I was still in Dave's room in his arms

I stirred in my sleep fluttering my eyes open looking around seeing I was still in Dave's room in his arms. I smiled to myself, but that faded when I heard knocks on his door. "Dave! Wake the fuck up! There's breakfast!" I heard Buddha's voice yell behind the door.

"Yeah, it's the good shit too!" Zeek's voice rang out as he smacked on something.

I nudged Dave in the chest to get him to wake up. "Dave, wake up!" I said getting out of the bed picking my clothes up from the floor. I knew my hair is a mess so I pulled it together putting it in a bun as Dave finally started to wake up.

"What time is it?" He asked groggily.

"I don't know, but Zeek and Buddha are at the door. Oh, god! I need to hide," I said going into panic pacing the floor.

"Hide? For what? We're grown. We can do what we want and we didn't do anything."

"Because," I dragged out. "I just do. You take me on one date and I'm already in your room the next morning. How does that look?"

"And? We're married, so technically there's nothing wrong with that. Who cares. I reiterate, we didn't do anything!" They started to make a beat on Dave's door. He sighed getting up from the bed as I slid under the bed.

"Damn, what took you so long? I heard you talking to someone." I heard footsteps coming back closer.

"I was talking to-" Dave paused what he was saying probably realizing I'm gone. "Uh, I was talking on the phone." I felt the bed dip in with pressure. "Did y'all have to come in? I'll be at breakfast in a minute. I need to get dressed."

"Get dressed for what? We just wanted to see how your date with B went."

"It was good. Alright, you can leave now."

"Good? That's it? Did y'all kiss? Y'all back together? Anything..." Before he could answer a phone started to ring. I paused saying shit under my breath when I realized it was my phone by the ringtone.

"Isn't that B's phone? What's it doing in here? Ohhhh, y'all smashed! I'm telling everybody." Zeek said excitedly.

"Nah, chill out." I heard footsteps as if someone was running then the person scream as I saw Zeek land on the floor. He groaned in pain rolling over when our eyes connected. He screamed again as I rolled from under the bed standing up wiping dust off of me. Buddha was just dying laughing. I looked at Zeek on the ground rubbing his neck in pain.