Chapter 20: Accidents Happen

Bernice
A Week Later

I sat at the vanity doing my makeup. Today is the gender reveal party. I was excited until last week's events. After seeing that video of Dave acting up in the strip club I was just pissed off at him. Luckily I had to go to Atlanta with Big K.R.I.T. giving me time to cool down and process everything especially what I was going to say to him. I've been trying to work on my anger, but people don't make it easy. I just have to remember to use my words and not my fists.

I sprayed my face with makeup setting spray then got up going over to the bed. I took my robe off putting my bodycon dress on. Unlike some pregnant women I wasn't shy when it comes to wearing tight clothes. I'm not trying to hide the belly, I'm embracing this time, tummy and all. I sat on the bed about to put lotion on when Dave walked into the bedroom. We made eye contact as he went into the bathroom shutting the door behind him. I haven't really spoken to him in the past week aside from a couple of greetings and head nods.

After twenty minutes he came out of the bathroom dressed aside from his shoes. I was back at the vanity doing my hair putting it in a top knot bun. I could see him looking at me as he sat on the bed through the mirror. "Don't you think you've given me the silent treatment long enough?" He finally said.

"Nope," I said simply as I sprayed hair spray onto my hair tucking hairs into place.

"I said I'm sorry...multiple times. I sent flowers and gifts. I was drunk. I'll say it again, I'm sorry." I rolled my eyes. Why do men think that automatically makes everything okay?

I whipped around in the vanity stool looking at him. "I'm not mad at you. I can see a setup from a mile away. I could tell from the video Trey did that shit on purpose. It's clear someone on his team recorded it because he said to then sent it to the blogs."

He looked at me funny, "What are you talking about?"

"Do you really think for one second Trey wants to see you with me and happy? That nigga doesn't genuinely want to be your friend again. You have everything he wants. At 28 you're married about to start a family. He's 32 with none of that. On top of that you have all that with me, his ex."

"B, that man ain't jealous of me."

"Then who's idea was it to go to the strip club? Did he make you feel pussy whipped because you didn't want to participate?" He said nothing, just looking at me. "Exactly! I'm just disappointed you fell into that shit. I get you wanna be everybody's friend, but don't be naive. Not everybody wants to see you happy." I shook my head standing up grabbing my heels to put them on.

"Come here," he said motioning me towards him. He made me sit down next to him then grabbed the pair of Giuseppe Zanotti lace up boots from me. He put my legs in his lap preparing to put them on for me, but looked at them confused. "How you put these bitches on? Whatever happened to zippers?" I chuckled showing him how to do it. Once he was finished I stood up.

"Thanks. Are you ready?" I asked looking at him as he put his shoes on.

"Yeah," he said standing up smoothing his clothes out. I grabbed my Saint Laurent bag then Dave got Malachi then we left going to the venue Toya rented out. Now we have to sit up in front of everybody like we're happy when we're not right now. We walked into the place in Upper east side Manhattan. It was cute. I didn't want anything too fancy, but Toya offered to throw it while Brittany will throw my baby shower.