Chapter 63: Endless War

Revenge is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion.
-Jeremy Taylor

Shoota
Spanish Harlem, NYC

I walked out of Alisha's apartment building out into the Harlem streets

I walked out of Alisha's apartment building out into the Harlem streets. I've been having to stay with her since Cyn put me out. I was just going to walk to the corner store to get more backwoods. When I got to the street corner a car stopped screeching its brakes blocking my way. I looked at the car funny about to go around when the window rolled down. It was a car occupied by Asians and one was Mac. I turned around about to run when I felt a sharp pain in the back of my thigh. I tried to continue to run with a hobble as I held onto the spot when I was hit in my leg next. I fell to the ground as I heard people screaming. I rolled in pain on the ground groaning. I opened my eyes to see Mac looking over me.

"You thought I wasn't gonna get your ass for killing my girl?" He laughed as I hissed in pain.

He took his phone out dialing a number. "I'm calling the police station and I want you to tell them you killed her then say you're going to commit suicide." He pushed dial on his phone putting it to my ear. A lady answered from a precinct waiting on me to say something. Mac put the gun to my head waiting for me to speak. He mouthed what he wanted me to say.

"Write this down. I-I'm Shawn "Shoota" Harvey. I killed Grace Ha. I'm about to kill myself and you can find my body in the meat packing district. Bye."

"Wait!" The lady said as Mac pulled the phone back hitting end. I looked around to see Mac's crew surrounding me. They picked me up carrying me to the car. From blood loss I started to float in and out of consciousness. This wasn't how my plan was supposed to go. They threw me into the backseat closing the door then speeding off.

. . .

I shot my eyes open after a cold liquid splashed all over me to the harsh, bright lights realizing I'm in a warehouse. I looked around confused realizing they had me chained up by my hands while I hung a few inches above the ground. I could see my blood dripping down onto the floor from my leg and thigh gunshot wound. The pain immediately started to kick in. Mac walked in front of smiling showing his iced out grill. "Lower him...I'm about to have some fun with him," Mac said laughing.

I heard a noise as I was lowered from in the air onto the ground. I couldn't stand up from my fucked up leg, so I immediately fell over onto the floor into my own blood. Mac grabbed onto my face saying, "Aw! Your leg hurts?" I whimpered then he stomped on my leg super hard. "I'm sorry."

He turned me over onto my back saying, "Why?! Why'd you kill my girl? Ten plus years she held me down and you killed her. I finally got to a place where I felt like it was the right time to propose and you take her from me!" He threw something at me then I saw something roll on the floor. A ring. I said nothing just laying there when I heard him spit as his saliva landed on my face sliding down it. "I want this mother fucker to suffer then I'll take him out."