Chapter 15: She Loves

Dave
Studio, 8:36am

I sat in the studio with my legs kicked up on the table smoking a backwood. I usually don't come to the studio in the morning. For one; I'm not a morning person. Two; I'm not a morning person, must I reiterate. That's why my ass couldn't have a regular 9 to 5. A nigga hasn't even ate breakfast yet, but they expect me to record. Like, who's idea was it to book me a studio session this early? I can't work under these conditions. Buddha was knocked out on the couch when he was supposed to be making a beat. I threw an empty bottle of soda at him. If I can't sleep, he can't sleep.

"Yo, quit fuckin' playin'!" He yelled raising his head up. He had his hoodie tightly squeezed to his head by the pull strings to cover his face causing me to laugh. He untightened it glaring at me. "I'm tryna sleep."

"I see that, Sleeping Beauty. Why are you so tired?"

"I went to Toya's last night," he said casually closing his eyes again.

"She finally gave you some?!" I asked excitedly.

He smacked his lips, "Man, hell naw! She gave me something, but it wasn't the whole thing."

"Something as in what?"

"Just head. I wasn't complaining though. She's good with the mouth piece. I done took this girl on mad dates and made it clear I wanna be with her."

"But?"

"But she's just playing games. I'm not gonna press it though. If she wanna be with me she'll come around. It's whatever."

"Want me to talk to her?"

"And tell her what? Give the pussy up to my man's before it's a issue. Quit playing and give him the key to your heart and your chastity belt!" I died laughing. Ever since Zeek left Buddha's gotten funnier. The door to the studio opened. I saw Bernice walk in with a bag.

"I brought food!" She said cheerfully sitting it on the table. There's some things me and Bernice are complete opposites at. She's a super morning person. She wakes up every morning at like 6am on a good day and works out, cleans, and fixes breakfast. Then she'll start bothering me. She'll be singing and smiling like an angel...An annoying angel. But it did make mornings a little better. It's nice waking up to someone so happy. It makes you happy. She kissed me giving me a plate from IHOP.

Buddha immediately raised up getting his food. I chuckled, "Fat ass! I thought you was sleep."

"I'm not now. I'm wide awake! Thanks, B. You're my savior," he said pouring syrup all over his pancakes.

"Thanks, baby."

"No problem, but why aren't you guys working?" She said flicking my ear. I moved my head away as I cut my pancakes up.

"Uninspired."

"Uninspired? Why?"

"The time. It's too fucking early," I said with a full mouth. I laughed at her facial expression. "Why are you here anyway?"

"I was down the hall with Jeremih and I heard you were here. So, I went and got you breakfast because I know you didn't eat any." I screwed my face up hearing his name. I still don't like that shit he was pulling awhile ago. He knew what he was doing.

After we ate Buddha started on a beat. Bernice decided she'd just hang around because she didn't want to go back to the office. I knew it was because she was afraid Robb would come back. She didn't have to say it, I knew. "I'll be back," I said getting up, "bathroom." I lied. I went down the hall going into the studio I knew Jeremih was in. He happened to be in there by himself playing the piano. He stopped when he saw me. "Sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to talk to you," I said walking in.