Chapter 60: Love Will Get You Through

Bernice
Manhattan, NYC

I sat in the chair getting my makeup done as my stomach did flips. Today is the vowel renewal and Belinda and Robb's wedding. I wasn't even this nervous on my actual wedding day. As Tasia did my makeup I watched as Brittany and Toya ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. I watched as Toya tried to bribe Aurora into her flower girl dress. I shook my head saying, "You have 5 seconds to cooperate, Aurora. We don't have time for that nonsense today!" She looked over at me pouting, but let Toya put the dress on her.

Once Tasia was done with my makeup Brittany helped me put on my dress tying the back. I sat down on a chair where she took out a pair of white Louboutin Impera lace-up heels from the box. They went perfectly with the dress even though they can only be seen when the dress is lifted up. Brittany laced them up as Tasia undid my pin curls. I looked at the time seeing we had about 30 minutes before the ceremony starts. After Tasia finger combed through my hair then put my hair in an up-do. She put my lip gloss on my lips then let me look in a mirror. Once I was ready I looked in the mirror running my hand over my 4 month pregnant belly. Dave did such a good job with the dress. It's simple, but still different.

When I turned around Toya had a camera all up in my face

When I turned around Toya had a camera all up in my face. I ignored her putting my drop diamond earrings in then my diamond necklace. I finally just pushed the camera because she was being so dramatic to get different angles. "How ya feeling?" She asked like an interviewer.

"Fine. Can someone go get Kai? I need to give him the ring." I walked up to Dave's mother who was getting her hair done. I kissed her cheek saying, "You look pretty momma."

"Thank you, baby. I'm so happy you two worked it out and got back together. I remember when he always used to say that's just my best friend and I would call bullshit. You've always been like a daughter to me. I hope and pray he doesn't mess up again because I know you're the one. You two are meant to be," she said with a smile. I fanned my face to keep from crying as we both chuckled.

I hugged her again this time longer and tighter. "I love you. You always looked out for me. You showed me what a real mothers love is like. Honestly I'm a good mother because of you. I'm alive because of you," I said this time actually letting a tear fall. I went through so much shit in high school, I can't lie, I wanted to kill myself sometimes. But Mrs. Janice showed me strength and love. I'll always be grateful for her even when Dave messes up.

Finally I saw Kai come into the room with his suit. "Ooh, my baby looking sharp!" I said gassing him. He smiled running up to me hugging me. I kissed his cheek multiple times. As we pulled back I looked him over. "My handsome man."

"