ONE

My father is Sirius Black. My father is Sirius Black. My father is Sirius Black, the supposed murderer.

I had to keep telling myself that on the way home from Hogwarts. I just couldn't believe it, even though I had travelled through time with Harry and Hermione to save him and Buckbeak.

Now I know why I never knew my father. He was in Azkaban for a crime he didn't commit.

My thoughts flashed back to that night.

"Ron! Harry! Hermione! Are you okay?" I asked when I found them in the Shrieking Shack. I had seen them running towards the Whomping Willow, so naturally I followed them. I couldn't just leave them, especially since Ron was taken by a massive black dog.

"Elle, if I were you, I would not turn around," Hermione told me slowly.

I was confused. I fought every instinct telling me to turn around. I kept my eyes trained on Hermione.

"Elle? Elle Black?" A raspy voice said.

I finally decided to listen to my instincts. I slowly turned around. I was met with the sight of Sirius Black.

"How do you know my name?" I asked calmly, trying not to let my fear show. I am two years older than the trio; I had to stay calm to protect them.

"You-you don't know me?" Sirius Black asked.

"I know that you... were in prison," I chose my words carefully. I didn't want to anger him.

"I'm your father, Elle."

I was speechless for a moment. "I... I don't believe you," I said quietly.

"Your mother is Anne. You have grey eyes, am I correct?" He paused, "Look into my eyes."

I hesitantly did as he said. I saw grey eyes that mirrored mine. His were swimming with emotions. None of them were malice. There was fear and joy.

"Dad?" I said, ignoring my voice when it cracked.

I suppose I had put it all together at some point in the year, what with his escape being everywhere.

I mean, why else would my mother keep my father's identity a secret? I shared his last name. At first I had just assumed that it was because Black was a popular name in England. Well, that and the fact that no one heard much about Sirius Black during his imprisonment. It wasn't until he broke out that I had really heard anything about him.

I reckon I just didn't want to believe it. I mean he was a murderer! Then he came along and confirmed what I thought. Now, of course, I know he's not the murderer everyone made him out to be. I just hate Peter Pettigrew for taking away my father. He escaped again, so now my father was in hiding since we couldn't prove his innocence. Sirius had seemed nice enough when I met him and talked to him with Harry as we were trying to escort Ron and Pettigrew back to the castle.

I can say one thing, however; my mother and I are definitely going to have to talk.

"Elle!" A voice shook me from my thoughts.

"Hmmm?"

"We're almost to King's Cross."

"Okay."