THIRTY

"FRED!" I screamed as I ran to him after I got off my plane.

I ran into his arms, nearly knocking him down in the process.

He chuckled as his arms wrapped around my waist and he buried his face in my hair.

I breathed in his scent-which was mainly cinnamon- and enjoyed this moment, even though everyone was staring.

He pulled away first. He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Let's go get your suitcase and go home."

I looked up at him and happily nodded. "But first, guess what?" I smiled.

"You're a healer?"

"Right, you are. I'm a healer, Fred!" I whispered, still grinning up at him.

"Congratulations, love. I knew you'd do fantastic," He pecked my lips, interlocking our hands.

We walked hand in hand to the luggage pick up. Fred, being the gentleman he is, grabbed my suitcase and led me through the crowds to a taxi.

The driver this time was talkative woman with too much make up on.

She talked so fast that I had no idea what she was saying the entire ride. When we finally got to The Leaky Cauldron, I paid her and got out of the car quickly as Fred got my suitcase and bag.

We pushed our way through the crowd, saying hello to people we recognized.

Tom, the owner, stopped us.

"Where've you been, Elle? I've seen Fred around, but you ain't been seen in a couple days."

I smiled. "I went to America to take an exam."

"Good for you, Elle!"

"Thanks, Tom!" I responded.

Fred and I finally got to the brick wall, where I tapped the correct bricks.

Before our eyes the brick wall disappeared and Diagonal Alley appeared in its place.

I grinned at the familiarity of it all.

Ahead of us, I seen the giant mannequin of Fred/George on the front of the shop.

I smiled as the familiar mannequin raised its hat and the rabbit appeared.

Fred followed my gaze. "It's still great after all this time, isn't it?"

I nodded, "Yeah. It is."

Fred and I walked in the doors, only instead of the large crowd I was used to, the shop was empty.

Well, actually Diagon Alley was empty. There didn't seem to be a living soul in sight. I guess that's what you get with a war.

We bounded up the stairs and through the door to our flat. Fred put my bags inside my room, but before I could do anything his lips captured mine in a passionate kiss.

I didn't realize how much I missed the feel of his lips on mine. How much I missed the feel of his arms around me.

His tongue licked my lips, asking for entrance. I happily obliged.

This kiss seemed to hold more emotion than any other. There was more passion, more love.

I felt my back hit something hard. Ah, the wall.

Fred's hands found my face and he caressed my cheeks with his thumb. My hands got tangled in his hair.

His hands started working their way down, until the rested at the hem of my shirt. Then, his hands went under my shirt. They found their way to my bare waist and I shivered under his touch.

Every touch was electric. The feel of his hand on my waist was like a shock being sent through my body.

His hands just rested there, at my waist. They didn't go any higher or lower. It was almost as if Fred was scared of losing his self control if his hand moved. In all honesty, I would too if it did.

We only pulled away when we needed air. Even then it was only for a second before our lips were locked together again.

Finally we pulled away from each other for good.

We were breathing heavily. I looked up at Fred. His hair was sticking up in every direction and his lips were swollen. I reckon I look the same.

His eyes found mine. His hands were on he wall behind me, blocking me in. "Wow," he said in between breaths.

I nodded. "Yeah."

I glanced at the clock. It was time for supper.

I looked up at Fred. "How about I cook you a romantic supper?"

He nodded vehemently. "That sounds wonderful." He kissed my forehead before turned around and going to his room.

I took a moment to gather myself. I straightened my shirt and took my wavy hair out of its ponytail, since I was sure the ponytail was a mess. I wiped some imaginary dirt off my jeans before finally going to the kitchen.

I made Fred's favorite meal, which consisted of chicken, various vegetables, and apple pie.

Fred came out from his room and gave me a kiss on the cheek as he sat down at the table. "It smells wonderful, love."

I smiled as I sat down across from him after setting the table. "Thank you."

We ate with casual conversation flowing between us.

After we ate, we cuddled on the couch. His arms were around me and my head was lying on his chest.

I listened to the steady beating of his heart and focused on the steady rising and falling of his chest.

In this moment, I knew that whatever the war threw at us was nothing. As long as we were together, everything would be okay.
------
I cannot believe that Stunning is over. This is the last chapter. Stunning is over. I can't believe that all the work I've put into this story is over.

But yes, there is going to be a sequel. It is called Awakening and I will be posting it on May 1.

Thank you so much for reading! I love you all!!
-Drew xxxx