SEVEN

Dad had owled me right before school let out, telling me that Mum requested that I stay at Grimmauld Place over the summer, as I needed 'to spend time with my father.' Dad also told me that he suspected there was something else, as he had overheard Dumbledore telling her that she should go into hiding. So, he also tried to convince her to come to Grimmauld Place as well. I assume she refused, as he didn't say she had agreed. Why would she do that? Why wouldn't she want to stay safe?

I couldn't stop wondering that on the train ride home. What if something bad happens to her? Is someone hunting us? What if someone found out that she's Harry's aunt and wants to kill her? Kill us?

"Elle?" I heard Fred's worried voice drag me away from my thoughts. His worried voice told me that this wasn't the first time he said my name.

"Yeah, sorry," I responded, shaking my head and looking away from the window.

"Are you sure?" He asked, not breaking eye contact as he shifted slightly closer to me.

"Yeah, don't worry," I said again, shifting my gaze to Sammy, Betty, and George.

I felt Fred give me a suspicious glance, but said, "Let's go follow Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle. Just seen them walk by."

Sam and Betty had went to the bathroom. Lee wasn't here, so it was just the three of us as we snuck out of our compartment and started following the Slytherins. We heard them being assholes to the Golden Trio, so we took matters into our own hands. We all pulled out our wands and casted different hexes, causing smoke to billow. When it cleared I was happy to see the three of them unconscious on the floor.

"Thought we'd see what those three were up to," Fred said matter-of-factly, stepping on Goyle to get into the compartment. George stepped on Draco, making me send an apology to Draco in my mind even though he deserved it. I stepped on Crabbe, making sure to step as hard as I could. The three of us still had our wands out.

"Interesting effect," George said, looking at Crabbe after I had stepped off of him. "Who used the Furnunculus Curse?"

"Odd. I used Jelly-Legs. Looks as though those two shouldn't be mixed. He seems to have sprouted little tentacles all over his face. Well, let's not leave them here, they don't add much to the decor."

Ron, Harry, and George moved the unconscious Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle out into the corridor.

"Exploding Snap, anyone?" I asked, holding my hand out to Fred for him to hand me the cards from his pocket.

A little while later Harry asked, "You going to tell us, then? Who you were blackmailing?"

Hmmm. Fred and George actually did it, huh? We were talking about it in our letters over the summer, but I didn't think they'd actually do it.

"Oh, that." George replied.

"It doesn't matter. It wasn't anything important. Not now, anyway," Fred added, shaking his head.

"We've given up," George said.

"I didn't think you two would actually do it in the first place! I warned you it wouldn't work," I told the twins.

They kept asking, so Fred finally gave in. "All right, all right, if you really want to know... it was Ludo Bagman."

"Bagman? Are you saying he was involved in-" Harry asked.

"Nah, nothing like that. Stupid git. He wouldn't have the brains."

"Well, what, then?" Ron asked.

Fred hesitated, but said, "You remember that bet we had with him at the Quidditch World Cup? About how Ireland would win, but Krum would get the Snitch?"