TWELVE

Hogwarts has turned into a living hell. The toad has turned the place into a prison, not a school.

Marietta, Cho's friend, ratted the DA and everyone in it out. How do we know?

Well, thanks to Hermione's brilliancy, the word 'sneak' is across her forehead in boils.

Everyone who was a part of the DA shunned the poor girl. They even shunned Cho as well since she was Marietta's friend.

I feel sort of bad, but the detentions for being a part of the DA were horrible.

I occasionally found Fred and George in the corridors with a younger student who was crying because of the wounds on their wrist, consoling them. It warmed my heart to see them helping a younger student instead of pranking them.

A few more days of the hellish detention went by and then... I felt my blood run cold. Why?
I heard Fred say something that has me on edge.

What did he say?

"You know, George, I've always felt that or future lie outside the world of academic achievement."

"I agree, Fred."

They're going to leave. I know it, they're going to leave me here in this hellhole while they go and set up Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

What am I going to do without them?

Over the course of the next couple weeks I constantly found Fred and George working on something in the common room. They wouldn't tell anyone, not even me, their best friend. It hurt me, but I suppose I can eventually understand. Not now though. They didn't even try to include me!

I was walking in the corridor when I heard someone run up behind me.

"Yes?"

"How'd you know?"

I turned towards Fred and forced a smile. "I always know when someone is going to sneak up on me. I had to learn, being best friends with you and George."

He smirked, "Okay. Anyway, there's something I need to tell you."

I looked into those ocean blue orbs he calls eyes and knew what he was going to say.

"George and I are going to be leaving soon."

I nodded and choked back my tears. "I know."

He looked bewildered for a moment. "How?"

"I heard you and George talking about it. Don't worry, I don't know any of your plans. Plans, I might add, that you didn't tell your best friend. The best friend that has been working her ass off for Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, yet didn't even get any appreciation for all her work. Thanks, by the way, for thanking me and making me actually feel appreciated."

Then a look of sorrow and shame passed on his eyes and I could tell he saw the hurt in my expression.

"I'm sorry. I truly am, Elle. But I don't want to leave you on bad terms. Besides, you need to finish your education. If this doesn't work, which I'm sure it will, you need a full education to fall back on. George and I, we're not staying for exams. We're not going to truly finish our education. I don't want that for you. Please, Elle, forgive me."

I looked into his eyes again. I could tell he truly meant it. "Okay."

He smiled, "Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes will be ready for you when you come home."

I nodded, forcing a smile.

He pulled me into a hug that nearly broke me down. But I swallowed my tears. "Good bye, Fred. Tell George I said good bye."