TWENTY-TWO

Fred and I went back to the flat that night, as we wanted to be in our own home before we went back to Hogwarts for Dumbledore's funeral. I ran off to my room before Fred had a chance to say anything.

I sat in my room on my bed after I had changed into my pajamas. I thought everything over in my head. Fred and I's kiss. Me grabbing his hand. I hope he feels the same way I do. What are we now? Are we anything?

After nearly an hour of thinking everything over, I finally hopped up from the bed, sprang to the door, and ran across the living room to his room. I hesitantly knocked on the door.

A moment later Fred opened the door.

"Hi," I said quietly.

Before I knew what was happening, his hands were on my cheeks and his lips were on mine. My skin tingled under his touch. I melted into the kiss.

He pulled away after a moment. The kiss left us both breathless.

He was silent for some amount of seconds, which seemed like an eternity since his eyes were locked on mine.

I finally had the courage to say something. I asked the question on both of our minds. "What are we, Fred?"

His eyes held this... twinkle. He didn't say anything, as if the question was the most stupid question on the planet.

"Oh. I see. Goodnight then, Fred," I said awkwardly.

I turned to leave, but Fred grabbed my arm, pulling me back into his chest. I looked up at him to ask him what he was doing, but before I say anything he crashed his lips to mine for the third time in the past twenty four hours.

He pulled away first and rested his forehead on mine. "Elle, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me softly.

I was silent for a moment. Was this really happening? I finally responded, "Of course, Fred."

His face lit up like a Christmas tree and he kissed me. Again. Hey, I'm not complaining.

Fred Weasley is my boyfriend. Fred Weasley is my boyfriend. Fred Weasley is my boyfriend. I had to keep repeating it in my head since it didn't seem real. I can't believe Fred Weasley chose me. Why would choose me, when he could any girl he wanted? It just doesn't seem real. Yet, here I am, pressing my lips to Fred Weasley's.

His lips were soft and warm. He tasted like brown sugar and cinnamon. Well, there's the answers to the questions I've been asking since sixth year.

His lips and mine seemed to just fit perfectly together. His kisses made my heart swell.

I pulled away, as I needed air. I looked into his eyes. His blue eyes met my grey ones and he pulled me inside his room. He shut the door and a moment later I was against it. Is this real? Oh, Merlin, please let it be real.

He kissed me again and again, as if that was all he wanted to do. As if he had to get his fill, as if he was scared I would change my mind.

I pulled away this time. Fred rested his head in the crook of my neck. I sighed. "Fred, we need to get to bed. We've got an early morning."

He muttered something into my shoulder.

I chuckled. "What was that, Fred?"

He lifted his head up so that his forehead was pressed against mine. "Stay. Stay with me, Elle."

"Fred, my bed seems terribly comfortable," I teased, wanting to see how far he would go.

He smirked and waved his wand in the direction of my bedroom. I opened the door and I could see from here that my bed was not in my room.

"Frederick!"

"What? I need to make sure that you'll be okay tonight, what with your injuries and all."

I sighed. I know that we just technically started dating, but his blue eyes just made me go soft.

"Fine, Fred."

He smiled and got in his bed. I followed. His arm automatically went around my waist, as if we had been sleeping in the same bed for ages.

I mean, this technically isn't the first time since I've had to sleep in his bed at the Burrow when we were younger.

He pulled me closer. We started talking about different things. We mostly stayed away from the topic of magic, since tonight was the night the greatest wizard of our time was killed.

I slowly started to drift off to sleep.

He did as well.

Our bodies seemed to fit together like puzzle pieces. Am I already in love with this man? Everything he does makes me like him more, I feel sparks and tingles when we touch, I get butterflies in my stomach just looking at him. Is this love?

I don't know.