TWENTY-SEVEN

At the beginning of April, Betty and George went into hiding. The Ministry's bounty on Ron's head finally broke George, so he convinced Betty to go into hiding to protect her.

We haven't heard from them since then. It's hard on Fred, I can tell.

It's hard on me, not being able to help. So, since I almost got to finish my education, I'm going over to America to take my exam to become a Healer. I want to be licensed. I want to be able to help those in need.

Fred is closing the shop and staying at Shell Cottage until I get back. I have a flight out to Massachusetts (where the American wizarding school is) in a few hours.

I'm double checking all I have packed. Finally content, I went out into the living room to find Fred sitting on the couch.

I sat down beside him. He wrapped his arm around me and I leaned into him.

"Do you have to go?" He whispered after a moment.

I was silent for a moment. Yes I do. I need to go. I need to feel useful. I need to help.

"Yes, Fred. I do," I whispered back.

He nodded and pulled me closer into his side. "You'll be back in three days, right?"

I nodded. "I'm staying at Ilvermorny, so you don't need to worry."

"I know."

We sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes. "I need to go. Will you come with me to the airport?"

"Of course, love."

I smiled and pecked him quickly on the lips. He went into my room and grabbed the suitcase I had packed. I grabbed my purse from the table and let Fred lead me out of the shop, out of Diagon Alley, and to a taxi.

The taxi driver was a man in his late fifties, scruffy and smoking a cigarette as he talked. He had an accent that I couldn't quite place.

"Where can I take ye?"

We were sitting in the back seat of the taxi, which smelled horribly of smoke and cheese for some reason.

I looked to Fred, who in turn took my hand and told the driver the name of the airport.

The driver sang along to the radio the entire time. The radio, mind you, was playing music from the sixties and the taxi driver was a horrible singer.

After ages of listening to him, he stopped singing. "Name's Harvey, by the way."

I smiled nervously, as this man with his singing and smoking made me a bit uncomfortable.

Finally, Fred spoke up. "Nice to meet you, Harvey."

Fortunately, we avoided conversation as we had arrived at the airport.

"Good day to ye!" Harvey yelled as Fred shut the door behind me.

Fred nodded. "You too."

Fred held my hand as we made our way through the airport and to the boarding area? I don't know if that's what it's called, but whatever.

We finally found my boarding area. They were boarding, so I kissed Fred goodbye (which lasted quite a few seconds).

He rested his forehead on mine for a minute before giving me one last kiss. "Be careful. I love you."

I smiled. "And I love you. Stay safe."

I turned and handed the woman my ticket before boarding the plane, with one last look back to Fred. He waved and I smiled back.

I took my seat, which was beside the window. My purse was on my lap as I watched the workers load everyone's luggage.

Finally, the plane took off. I watched out the window as London got smaller and smaller below me.

I leaned back in the seat and thought about Fred. I didn't want to leave him, but I have to do this. I have to be able to help.

At some point I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up some time later as the plane started to land. The scenery at the moment wasn't too different than London, but of course this is an airport.

After I got off the plane I went to the luggage pick up.

I didn't talk to anyone, mainly because I'm just antisocial like that. I grabbed my suitcase and caught a taxi. Thankfully this taxi driver was like me and wasn't very talkative.

He took me where I needed to go. I paid him and got out. I walked to the nearest wizarding town, which reminded me of Hogsmeade. It was small and little shops lined the streets. It had quite a cozy feel to it, like everyone knew everyone. I reckon they probably do.

I stepped into a restaurant, more similar to The Leaky Cauldron than the Three Broomsticks. I went up to the bar. I stopped a bubbly blonde waitress with big boobs- they were popping out of her shirt.

"Can I speak to Julie?" I asked.

The waitress smiled. "Of course! Let me just get her for you, hon."

I waited as she went to a back room and returned a moment later with an older brunette.

"I'm Julie. What can I do for you?" She asked with a smile.

"The headmaster of Ilvermorny told me I could come to you. I need to use the Floo network to get to Ilvermorny."

Her smile brightened. "Of course you can! Just right over there!"

I smiled gratefully. "Thank you."

She handed me a handful of the familiar green powder, which I took gratefully. I stepped into a dusty fireplace, threw down the powder and clearly exclaimed, "Ilvermorny!"

This is going to be interesting.