TWENTY

I woke up the morning after Betty and George's engagement party. I was wearing my pajamas, only I had no recollection whatsoever about how I got to my bed and how I got into my pajamas. I thought back to last night. What happened? OH! Right! Towards the end of the night when Molly and Arthur shut the party down, we all went to Betty and George's house. And, well, we sort of broke the firewhiskey out. I believe we even played the muggle game "beer pong" but with, obviously, firewhiskey. We had a small party...

I think I can remember loud music, dancing, and many games that included firewhiskey. I can't really remember anything else. What else happened? Oh, I hope I didn't throw myself at Fred. Well, if he's in as bad a shape as me, then he probably won't remember anyway.

At that moment a blinding headache hit me. Ah, the hangover. Fantastic. The light seemed to blind me. Well, that might have just been the headache.

I slowly got out of bed. I looked at what I was wearing. It consisted of this: an oversized t-shirt. I sighed, grabbed my muggle sun glasses, put them on, and went out to the living room.

I groaned. It's even lighter out here! Great. Just great. If Fred's up and has a hangover, why didn't he close the curtains? Oh Merlin, please don't tell me he doesn't have a hangover. Please tell me he's still in bed.

"Well, good morning to you too." I heard Fred's voice say. Shit. Well, that hope went out the window.

I have to play it cool. What do I say? Just act normal! Okay, here goes nothing. "Sorry, it's not you. It's the hangover. And how bright this room is. But good morning, Fred." I moved over to the curtains and drew them shut. "Ahhh, that's much better."

Fred chuckled. "Why don't you take some of that hangover potion in the kitchen?"

"Brilliant idea, Frederick. Thank you."

Fred laughed. "Ah, always pleasant, Elle."

"I know. But hey, that wasn't sarcasm," I responded as I moved towards the kitchen. I pushed the swinging door open and saw a bottle of a minty-green potion sitting on the counter. I grabbed it and took a swig. Almost immediately my headache went away and I could stand the light. I felt immensely better.

I took my sunglasses off, grabbed a banana, and went back to the living room. Once in there I realized what a horrible idea it was. I looked at Fred. He had his eyes closed as if he was napping. I studied his features. My eyes mainly landed on his lips. I remembered last night, how close Fred and I were to... well, kissing.

I blushed at the mere memory. Merlin, I want to kiss him. I want to feel his lips move with mine. What would have happened if our lips had actually met? Would there be sparks? Would there be fireworks? Would I even feel anything? What would his reaction have been? Ugh, I'm thought-rambling. I'm overthinking. One of my flaws. I overthink a ton of stuff.

But seriously, what do I say to him? Do I mention it? Do I not mention it? Do I pretend it didn't even happen?

You know what? I'm just going to wing it. I'll see if he mentions it first.

I sat down beside him on the couch.

After a few moments of silence, I spoke, "So do you remember any of last night?"

"Yeah."

"Do you happen to remember how I got in this shirt?"

He hesitated. "Yes."

I waited for him to continue. He didn't. "So, are you going to tell me how I ended up in this shirt?"

He hesitated once more. "You gave me that shirt and told me to put it on you. But before you start freaking out, I was being the perfect gentleman I am, so I did so with magic."

I felt my face go scarlet as I buried my face in my hands. I can't believe I did that! Oh no, what else did I do? I'll go with my first question first, "How do you remember?" The question was a bit muffled since I had hid my face in my hands.

"I cast a charm on myself to keep me sober before I started drinking."

"Wow, that was really smart, Fred."

He smirked. "I have my moments."

"Yeah, you do. No matter how rare they are." I smirked.

He turned towards me. "Hey!"