EIGHTEEN

The rest of the summer flew by quickly and before we knew it, we were even busier than we had ever been at the shop. Students were rushing in to stock up before they went back to school.

Harry and Dad had even tried to visit us, but the store was so packed and I was so busy that I believe the two are now scarred for life.

I caught Hermione and Ginny looking at the display for love potions. The boys caught them soon after, and teased Ginny about not needing them since she was "doing pretty well on her own."

I slapped both boys on the arm and ushered them off. "Don't you two have work you need to be doing?" I asked them.

They slowly went about their business. I returned to Ginny and Hermione. "Thinking about giving one to a certain ginger?" I asked her with a smirk.

Her cheeks went scarlet. "Of course not. Love potions are dangerous! I don't even know why you're allowing the twins to sell these, Elle!"

I shrugged. "They make us some money."

Hermione rolled her eyes.

Ginny giggled. "Oh, Mione. You know you want to give Ron some!"

Hermione's eyes went wide. I laughed.

"I'll see you later. I have to go sell some love potions," I said as I winked at Hermione.
-----
The store had finally calmed down after the large percentage of our customers had gone back to Hogwarts, which meant that the twins and I had plenty of time to restock and invent new products.

George and Betty were finally engaged and living together. They lived in a little house, not far from the Burrow. It seems like everyone just stays near the Burrow, probably because of the homey feel it gives off and the safety it offers.

Fred and I had the flat to ourselves. When we had downtime, it was mostly spent watching muggle movies or playing muggle board games.

We would occasionally go to the Leaky Cauldron for dinner or a drink.

I had hoped that living together would get Fred to reciprocate my feelings, but it definitely hasn't so far. Our relationship is nothing but platonic, and I'm scared that that's all it's ever going to be. Should I start trying to move on?

-----

There's a big dinner tonight at the Burrow to celebrate George and Betty's engagement, as it's the first time all our friends have been together. The Order has sent Sammy on missions quite a lot recently, as well as Tonks. Sammy and Tonks had grown closer over the last few months.

But now, everyone is at home, safe and sound.

I dressed, somewhat by my own will this time, in a dress and ankle boots with a heel. I only agreed to wear a dress because this is my best friend's engagement party.

I walked out to the living room after braiding my hair and doing my make up. Fred walked out at the same time. Damn, he looks good.

He was in a maroon button up and khaki pants. His hair was slightly messy and his gorgeous eyes seemed to shine.

His eyes locked with mine. I wanted nothing more in that moment than to run into his arms and kiss him with all my might, but I know I can't do that. It would ruin everything between us and I need Fred in my life, in any way I can get him. I would love to call him mine, but I guess it just isn't meant to be.

He grinned at me. "You look stunning, Elle."

I blushed and smiled sheepishly. "Thank you. You look handsome as well."

He smirked. "As always, right?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, Fred. You're always handsome." After a moment and a burst of confidence, I added, "I mean it."

He smiled, almost sheepishly. "And you always look stunning, Elle."

I looked at the floor in an attempt to hide my flaming cheeks.

I heard him take a step closer. Another. He took more steps until I saw his feet, inches away from mine. Should I look up? What do I do?!

"Elle, look at me."

Will somebody tell me what to do?! I have no idea how to respond to this.

I finally decided to wing it. I timidly looked up. His face was a couple inches away from mine. I could see every golden fleck in his eye. I could count his freckles.

My cheeks were still undoubtedly red. I opened my mouth to say something, but decided against it and closed my mouth again.

I finally locked my eyes with his. Butterflies were now uncontrollable in my stomach.

Is he going to kiss me? Does he like me too? Pfft, wishful thinking.

"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, Elle," he whispered, his face slowly coming down to mine.

My heartbeat picked up, even more than it already had. Soon, our breaths were mingling. If I moved even a couple centimeters, his lips would be on mine. How tempting.

Before I knew what I was doing, I was leaning up to meet him. Our lips were mere millimeters apart.

Am I finally going to get what I've wanted for nearly two years?