TWENTY-NINE

The doors opened to reveal an elderly man. Not as old as Dumbledore was, but old. He had short grey hair, but no beard. He was dressed in robes similar to what Dumbledore used to wear, but half-moon spectacles were not on his face.

"Take a seat, Miss Black." He smiled warmly at me and gestured towards a chair in front of his massive desk. Is it just me or is everything huge here?

I took a seat and glanced around the room. Surprisingly, there were no portraits here. Only ancient pieces of parchment adorned the walls and little devices were placed throughout the room.

I recognized a pensieve, but that was it. Everything else was clearly American.

"I'm Headmaster Agilbert Fontaine. I'm pleased to meet you, Miss Black."

I smiled. "I'm pleased to meet you as well, Headmaster. I would introduce myself, but you already know who I am."

He chuckled. "Yes, yes. So you are here to take an exam to become a healer, correct?"

I nodded, "I am sir."

"You didn't take your final exams at Hogwarts?"

"I'm afraid not."

"And why is that?"

"Well, I had to leave to save my father from being killed by Voldemort."

"I see. And your mission was successful, no?"

"Indeed it was, Headmaster."

"That's good. But why wouldn't you go back to Hogwarts to resit your exams?"

"It's now run by Death Eaters. I cannot go back, for I wouldn't ever come out if I entered."

"That is true. Would it be okay if you sat your exam in here?"

"Of course sir. I'm extremely grateful to have the opportunity to be here."

He smiled. It made his eyes crinkle and made him look about ten years younger.

"We are happy to have you here, Miss Black. You're a wonderful student." He paused. "Now then, would you like to start your exam now?"

I nodded. "I would love to."

He smiled again. This time he rummaged around in his desk until he handed me an answer sheet and the questions.

"You may begin, Miss Black. Good luck."
------
The exam took me an hour to complete, but I am happy to say that I knew the answer to every question. I flew through the exam and took the time to check my answers.

Once I was done, I handed my exam answers and questions back to the Headmaster. I thanked him profusely before leaving his office.

I told him that I would be leaving that evening, as I was able to get a flight and I wanted to get home. He argued and told me that I could have the results of my exams back the next morning.

In the end, he won. I'm staying one more day, just to get the results of my exams tomorrow morning.

I found my way back to my room. There was a tray of food sitting on the desk.

I hadn't realized how hungry I was until my stomach growled. I moved over to the desk and ate the food ravenously.

By the time the tray was cleared of all contents, I was ready to collapse and sleep. It's been a long twenty-four hours. I mean at this time yesterday, I was still in London!

I suppose the time difference has finally caught up. I'm not surprised.

I stripped from my clothes, took off my makeup, and put my hair in a messy braid. I climbed in the cloud of a bed in the room.

As I stared up at the ceiling, my thoughts wandered to Fred. How did I manage to get a guy like him? I mean he's sweet, funny, athletic. He's everything I could ever want in a guy. How did I not realize my feelings for him sooner? I mean, we'd been best friends since first year.

I then let my thoughts wander to love itself. Does love at first sight exist? Maybe. I don't know. I mean, I didn't love Fred at first sight. I grew to love him. Wait, when did I fall in love with him exactly?

I don't know, but I'm glad I did. He's my world. If he's hurt, I'm hurt.
--------
I suppose I drifted off to sleep at some point, because I didn't wake up until the next morning. It took me a second to remember where I was.

When I did, I shot out of bed. I got dressed, did my makeup, and did my hair.

I packed all my things. I put my suitcase and purse on the bed, so that I could easily grab them when I got back from getting my exam results.

I shot out the door and practically ran to Headmaster Fontaine's office. I excitedly knocked on the door and anxiously waited for a response.

When it came, I didn't hesitate in opening the door.

I couldn't read Fontaine's expression. He handed me an envelope.

I grabbed it and ripped it open.

My jaw dropped. I'm a healer! I got a perfect score!

I thanked him again. He chuckled as I ran out the door.

Once in the hallway, I squealed like a schoolgirl and did a happy dance.

I can't believe I'm a healer!

Everything I've ever wanted in life has now been achieved. Yes! Words cannot describe the feeling of happiness coursing through my veins! I did it! I actually did it!

I ran back to my room, grabbed my suitcase, and ran out of the castle.

I looked back at Ilvermorny one last time before running out of the gates.