TWENTY-FOUR

I was up in the flat working when I heard someone bound up the stairs. I giggled, knowing who is was just by the sound of their footsteps.

I looked at the clock. Since it was a Friday, we closed the shop early. I was glad, because I wanted some more time alone with Fred. No, not to do what you all are thinking. Fred and I hardly get any time alone because of the shop and when we're not working, we're at the Burrow, my dad's, or George and Betty's. I internally sighed. That's probably what he wants to do; go to George and Betty's.

I started packing up my stuff and was putting my parchment in my bag when the door opened, arms encircled my waist and a kiss was planted on my cheek.

I smiled at the gesture and slightly blushed. I tried to calm the butterflies in my stomach, but it was no use. I looked up at Fred and smiled. "Hello, love, " I said.

He grinned and sat down on the couch beside me as I finished putting my things away. "Hey, love," he responded.

As I sat my bag of stuff on the ground I turned to him. "What do you want to do tonight?" I asked after I kissed his cheek.

A part of me hoped he would sweep me off my feet and take me on a romantic date, but the probability of that was low because of the condition of the wizarding world.

He smiled bashfully. What? Why would he do that?

"Well, my stunning girlfriend, I was wanting to take you out on an incredibly romantic date."

My jaw dropped, only for a second, before I launched myself at him and kissed him. "Yes! Yes! Oh what should I wear? Where do you want to go?"

He chuckled at my enthusiasm. "How about we go out into muggle London? We could go to dinner, see a film, walk through the park, and then end the night with a hot chocolate at a café?"

I smiled. That sounded brilliant. I was going on an actual date with Fred Weasley!

"That sounds brilliant, love. Let me change and then we can go!"

I ran to my room. I looked through my closet. There was no way I was wearing a dress, and skinny jeans and a t-shirt weren't going to cut it for a date like this.

I finally decided on a light colored pair of ripped skinny jeans, a maroon blouse, and my brown boots. I applied light make up, which consisted of mascara and eyeliner. I used a spell to calm my hair (to calm down the frizzy-ness) and let it cascade down my back in it's calm waves.

I looked myself over one last time and nodded when I was satisfied with my appearance.

I stepped out of the room and noticed that Fred was sitting on the couch, waiting.

He was wearing a maroon button-up shirt. I smiled. We were that couple now, huh?

His head shot up and he smirked as his eyes raked me up and down. "I suppose so."

Wait, I said that out loud? I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as Fred stood up and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

I smiled into the kiss. Fred deepened the kiss and my arms made their way around his neck and I pulled him closer.

I could never get tired of Fred's kisses. They sent sparks through my body and made me ridiculously happy.

He pulled away, since we unfortunately needed air.

My grey eyes locked with his blue ones before I grabbed a cluster of his shirt in my hand and pulled him back down. My lips crashed onto his and he licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance.

I happily obliged.

This time I was the one to pull away. Wow. That kiss... just, wow. There are no words for that kiss.

His forehead came down to rest on mine and I smiled contentedly.

A comfortable silence fell upon us as we simply held each other. He seemed lost in his own thoughts like I was lost in mine.

How did I get so lucky to find a guy like Fred? How did I not realize my feelings for him before sixth year? Why didn't I act on any of my feelings?

I suppose everything works out in the end, because here I am, content in Fred's arms.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He smiled and stepped back. He held his hand out to me.

"Are you ready for a fantastic date, Miss Black?"

I smiled as I laced my fingers with his. "Of course I am, Mr. Weasley."

Then he dragged me through the door, down through the shop, and out of Diagon Alley.

This is going to be a fantastic date, I can feel it.