SIX

When I came back to consciousness, I felt myself being picked up, sending ripples of pain through my entire body, especially my head.

"Shit, Elle! What happened?" Draco. Draco found me. I struggled to stay conscious, not wanting to fall into a coma or something. I tried reciting things, like my name and where I was. I was trying to think about a Potions essay I recently had to write, but I found I couldn't remember what it had even been about. Before long the blackness took over.

I was in a clearing in a forest, a creek beside me. The sun was shining, casting a bright yellow glow on everything. Flowers were sprouting up from the ground all around me, making the place look heavenly. Wait... is this heaven?

I seen a man walk up, distracting me from the scenery. The man had dark brown hair and soft hazel eyes. He was young, at most five years older than me. Honestly, I'd say only about two or three years older. His face was kind, but his eyes held a glint of mischief. "Hello, Elle."

"Who-who are you?"

"I'm your godfather Elle. I'm James Potter."

It makes sense, I suppose. His facial features remind me of Harry, as does his build. He's... dead, though. Does that mean this really is heaven? "You're Harry's dad?" Is all that came out of my mouth despite the questions raging through my mind.

"Yes." He seemed to not want to elaborate, like he didn't want to send my brain into overdrive. A little too late for that though.

"Now I must tell you something, as we don't have much time," he continued after a moment.

"What is it?" I asked, confused.

James took a deep breath before diving in, "Your mother is my twin sister. Your mum is Anne Del Potter. This means that you are not the halfblood that your mother has told you that you are. You are a pureblood, you have both Potter and Black blood running in your veins. Now with that said, you need to watch out for your father, especially next year."

"Why are you telling me this?" He was scaring me a bit. What if something bad is going to happen to him?

"You need to know. Now, my niece, you need to back. Your time on earth is not over. Go back to Sirius, he needs you. I love you."

"I love you too Uncle." My vision blurred, tears starting to fall. I met James Potter and found out he's my uncle... all at once!

Before I knew it, I was awake. I hadn't even been aware I was waking up; one minute I was saying goodbye to James, and the next I was surrounded by white. Ah, the hospital wing.

Looking around, I saw my dad asleep with his head on the bed beside me and Fred on the other side in the same position. I was the only occupant of the Hospital Wing, much to my relief. There was no light streaming in the windows, but I could see stars. Good, it's night.

"Dad?"

Dad shot up, "Elle?!"

I nodded before tackling him in a tight hug, not wanting to let go, especially after what Uncle James just told me. I ignored the pain in my back, not wanting to let go of Dad. It felt nice to be in my father's arms.

"I thought I'd lost you. Don't ever scare me like that again."

"I won't. But Dad why are you here? You could get caught!"

"Dumbledore arranged it so I could be here at night with you, without anyone coming in besides those who know I'm innocent."

I nodded and hugged him tightly yet again, tears forming in my eyes. I quickly swallowed them. I pushed my feelings aside, burying them in a far corner of my mind.