THIRTEEN

Third Person
Before anyone knew what had happened Elle Black was dead.

Sirius watched in horror as the killing curse his cousin sent in his direction hit his daughter instead. It felt like an elephant had charged at Sirius. His heart dropped and all he wanted to do was kill Bellatrix. Eventually that evolved into shock.

Bellatrix saw the look on Sirius's face and began running, all the while yelling, "I killed Elle Black!"

After the shock wore off and Sirius was overcame with anger again, he ran after her. She's not getting away with this.

Harry was running after her as well. Harry kept yelling, "Crucio!" He didn't have enough power to cast such a curse, however. That's when Voldemort himself decided to join the party.

Dumbledore also appeared. He immediately took to dueling Voldemort.

Dumbledore and Voldemort continued to duel. Eventually, it seemed that Dumbledore had won, but instead... Voldemort attempted to possess Harry. But Harry, being the brave boy he is, overpowered him. Finally Voldemort left Harry's body. It was odd to see what appeared to be a mist with Voldemort's face at the top leave Harry. It only angered Sirius more. Finally, Sirius lost control of his anger. He wanted Voldemort dead for all the grief he had caused himself and Harry, as well as everyone else.

"You!" He threw a curse. He was too engrossed in the duel and trying to kill The Dark Lord to notice Ministry workers file in, including the minister himself. "You're the reason I lost my brother!" Another curse. "The reason two of my best friends died!" Sirius threw another brilliantly aimed curse. "The reason one of my best friends sold out my best friends to be killed!" Another curse. "The reason I spent twelve years of my life in Azkaban!" He threw another curse. "The reason I lost the love of my life!" Curse. "The reason I lost my only daughter!" Another curse. "And you've attempted to kill my godson too many times!" Sirius threw one last curse in Voldemort's direction before Voldemort noticed all the Ministry workers.

Voldemort gave one last chilling look around before leaving, along with all of his goons before any of the Ministry workers could catch them.

Sirius froze. He couldn't go to Azkaban. Not again. His stomach dropped even more, if even possible.

"He's back," Cornelius Fudge whispered. His face was sickly pale and he looked scared out of his wits.

Not a single person seemed to be breathing in that moment in time. No Order member, no Ministry worker, absolutely no one; especially not Sirius.

All the members of the Order were too worried about what would happen to Sirius. They didn't want the innocent man, who had lost his wife mere months ago and his daughter minutes
ago, to spend any more time in Azkaban, or get kissed by a dementor.

Finally Kingsley Shacklebolt spoke up. "Sir? Sirius Black is here. He doesn't seem to be a Death Eater, either."

"Hm? Oh, yes, yes. I don't think a Death Eater would fight Voldemort himself. They're too heartless to care about the deaths of their loved ones. Take him to a trial room, Kingsley. I'll be there momentarily." Fudge answered.

Sirius was as pale as a ghost.

Kingsley grabbed Sirius's elbow and led him to a trial room. "Come on, Sirius. I'll make sure you walk out of here a free man."

Sirius nodded, even though it was hardly noticeable.

Fudge spoke briefly to Dumbledore. He spoke about Sirius, Voldemort, and he offered his deepest apologies for not believing him and allowing all those articles about him and Harry in the Daily Prophet.