NINETEEN

I watched as Fred's eyes fluttered closed. Mine started to do the same, but someone opened the door.

"You two coming, or what? O-oh! Sorry!" George said.

My face heated up as Fred's head dropped and he sighed. Was that in relief? Or disappointment?

"We're coming," I said, my voice was barely above a whisper. I was sour with disappointment. I was this close to kissing Fred Weasley! The Fred Weasley! George, you have absolutely terrible timing!

I heard Fred's footsteps fade, probably towards the fireplace. I heard him mutter something to George. He was probably thanking him for walking in and saving him from having to kiss me.

But what would have happened if George hadn't walked in? Would me and Fred have kissed? Would he have pulled away before his lips even touched mine?

What would I have done? Would I have gotten scared and pulled away before our lips touched? Would I have pulled him into a kiss like in those muggle romance movies?

Fred's POV

I walked out of my room after getting dressed. I chose a maroon button up and khaki pants.

Elle walked out at the same time. She looked, well, stunning. She was in a floral dress and her hair was in a braid. Her grey eyes seemed to sparkle behind her long eyelashes.

I grinned at her. "You look stunning, Elle."

She blushed and smiled sheepishly. "Thank you. You look handsome as well."

My heart swelled and I smirked. "As always, right?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yes, Fred. You're always handsome." After a moment she added, "I mean it."

I smiled sheepishly. "And you always look stunning, Elle."

She looked at the floor. Time to pull out some Gryffindor courage, right?

I took a step closer to her. Then another. I took some more steps until I was mere inches away from her.

"Elle, look at me." I said, hoping I had hidden the nervousness behind my voice.

Elle finally looked up. Our faces were maybe two inches apart. I could see how her grey eyes had a dark circle around her iris. I could see the faint freckles that danced across her nose.

Her cheeks were red. Does she like me like I like her? She opened her mouth to say something, but it seemed that she had decided against it and closed her mouth.

Her eyes finally locked with mine. My chest swelled at being so close to her. My heart started thumping.

"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, Elle," I whispered, my face slowly coming down to hers.

Soon, our breaths were mingling. If I moved even a couple centimeters, her lips would be on mine. I hope that's how this will end.

She started leaning up to meet me. Our lips were mere millimeters apart.

My eyes closed. A second later, the door opened.

"You two coming? O-oh! Sorry!" George said. My head dropped.

At the moment, there is nothing more I want to do than punch my git of a twin in the face.

I moved towards the fireplace, wanting to get away from Elle before she seen how red my ears and face were.

"You have bloody terrible timing, George. I was so close to kissing her and then you just had to walk in. You may have the girl of your dreams, but I'm still working on getting mine."

George looked instantly sorry. I started to feel guilty. "Sorry, mate. I'm just frustrated."

"I know, Freddie. But you'll get her. Now, c'mon."

Elle's POV

After that escapade, we used the Floo network to get to the Burrow.

I immediately fled the room and went to find Betty and Sammy. I was still scared to be in the same room as Fred. I mean what if it's all awkward now?

I found them in the kitchen. I tackled Betty in a hug. She chuckled as she hugged me back. I looked into her sparkling blue eyes and smiled. "What are you waiting for? Show me the ring!" I squealed.

She happily held up her hand. It was anything but simple, which matched Betty's personality. Betty's a complete girly girl.

It was a big diamond surrounded by little sapphires. The sapphires matched her eyes amazingly.

She had this new air about her. She's different now. She's happier than I've ever seen her. Her eyes had this new twinkle, one that spoke of unspeakable happiness and indescribable love. I hoped that one day my eyes would shine like that.

Sammy sighed dreamily. "It's a gorgeous ring, Betty. You're so lucky to have someone like George who loves you."

Betty smiled. "I know."

I smiled sadly. Don't get me wrong, I'm insanely happy for my friend, but... well, you know.

My mind wandered once more to the moment Fred and I shared earlier.

The rest of the night passed by rather quickly and smoothly. I tried to stay a safe distance away from Fred the entire night, no matter how tempted I was to sit by him as I would have regularly done.

You could tell how in love Betty and George were, sure you could every time you saw them, but there was something different in the way they looked at each other now. It's sweet. I agree with what Sammy said; Betty is so lucky to have someone who loves her so much.

I hope someday Fred will look at me the way George looks at Betty.