TWENTY-SIX

"Elle, I have to tell you something."

My heart stopped beating in my chest. He's going to break up with me, isn't he? A feeling of dread overwhelmed me.

I suppose he saw the panicked look on my face, because he said, "No, Elle, I'm not breaking up with you."

I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank Merlin.

Fred laughed dryly and ran a hand through his hair. "This is a lot harder than I thought it'd be... but you know what, I'm just going to say it. I'm in love with you Elle."

My jaw dropped. Did he really just say that? So I say the first thing that comes to my mind. "Come again?"

Fred nervously chuckles. "I'm in love with you."

My jaw dropped even lower. The Fred Weasley is in love with me? Me? Of all people, me?

This isn't happening. I'm just dreaming some wonderful, amazing dream. Yeah, that's it.

Fred's eyes are still locked with mine, waiting for me to say something.

Finally, I do. "Did I hear you correctly?"

Fred nods, the nervousness becoming clearer and clearer on his face.

"You, the Fred Weasley, love me, Elle Black?"

He nods. "Yes, Elle, I love you."

"Pinch me," I say.

"What?"

"I must be dreaming. Pinch me."

After a few long, excruciating seconds that passed like years, he did. Gently, but enough to tell me that no, I was not dreaming.

Holy shit. That means Fred really just told me that he loves me.

So, me being the awkward person I am who doesn't know how to deal with situations like this, I turned and opened the door. I walked out and shut it behind me.

I went to my room and changed. I mean, I know I love Fred. I know it. He's the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I tried cleaning my room, coming up with ideas for new products, reading, and taking a bath to try to come up with a romantic way to tell him this. It didn't help. So I went to the kitchen and made a cup of coffee. I took the mug and sat on the couch, staring at the blank screen of the TV. I rubbed the side of the mug of coffee with my thumb as I tried to put words together.

I didn't come up with anything that time either.

After I don't know how long, I heard a door open and the click of the door being shut again.

Then I felt the weight of someone sitting down beside me.

"I'm sorry."

It takes me a minute to register the sound of Fred's voice. Once I do, I turn my head to look at him. "For what?"

"For saying what I did. It's too soon and I probably shouldn't of said it."

I snorted. "That's where you're wrong, Fred.

"You see, I'm in love with you, too. I love you with every fiber of my being. You're the only person I can imagine saying this to. You're the only person I want to hold me and whisper sweet nothings in my ear. I've always been in love with you, Fred. It just took me a while to realize it. You've always been there and you are the one person that can make me happy no matter what. I'll say it again. I'll shout it from the rooftops. I'm in love with you, Fred."

He's silent. Now I'm the one thinking that I shouldn't of said what I did. Then he surprises me and kisses me. This kiss held more passion than any other kiss we've shared. It seems to hold promises of love and the future. Without realizing it, I'm being pulled over to Fred. His hands made their way up my shirt and rested on my bare waist. They didn't try to go anywhere else, while my hands traveled up to his hair.

We both poured our emotions into this kiss. In the back of our minds, we knew we might not have another chance to kiss one another like this because of the war. I felt how Betty felt, what convinced her to marry George now.

Fred was what kept me sane. Loving Fred gave me a reason to wake up every morning. He was my everything and I can't imagine a life without him. I just hope we survive long enough to grow old together.

That's what this kiss was telling me. It was a promise of a long life together. The kind of life I've always dreamed of.

Finally, we pull away. We're both breathing heavily. His lips are swollen and his hair is sticking up in all directions.

I smile at him and lean into him. I let him wrap his arms around me. He kissed my forehead before whispering, "I love you, Elle."

I was already drifting off to sleep, despite the entire mug of coffee I had just drank. I mustered up enough energy to whisper back to him, "And I love you, Fred."

I fell asleep soon after.
-----
Hey! Tysm for 11.7k reads!! Ilyasm!

I'm currently working on the sequel to this book, but I need a title! I have a few ideas, so I'm posting them here for you all to vote on! If anyone has any title ideas, feel free to comment them or contact me!

So, without further ado, here are the possible titles!
a.) Loving You
b.) Coming Back
c.) Devastating
d.) Awakening