TWO

I woke up, excited to go to the Weasleys. The Quidditch World Cup is in a few days! Sunlight was streaming through the windows, making my mood even brighter. I practically skipped down the stairs, still in my Gryffindor pajamas.

Mum was waiting for me in the kitchen. She had a bowl of cereal ready and sitting on the table. She was sitting there, reading the Daily Prophet. Merlin, I hate that bloody newspaper. I don't see how Mum can read it!

"Honey, I'm afraid I have some bad news," she said, setting down the newspaper and looking up at me.

This is what I get when I'm in a good mood. I instantly felt my good mood vanish, replaced by worry. I took in a deep breath. "Just tell me what it is," I replied, hesitantly sitting down in front of my bowl of cereal.

"I can't let you go to the Quidditch World Cup."

"What? Why not?"

"We have some business to take care of throughout the month."

"Business? What kind of business?"

"Your father is coming to stay with us for the rest of the summer."

Am I supposed to be happy that he's coming or disappointed that I can't go to the World Cup?

A crack coming from the living room startled us. "Anne?"

Mum looked at me before rushing to the living room. "Remus! You're early!" She exclaimed, her eyes instantly lighting up at the thought of her best friend and love of her life in the house.

I slowly walked in behind Mum. "Hey, Dad," I said with an awkward wave. "Hello, professor," I added. I bit my lip, folding my arms in front of me out of slight embarrassment at being seen in my short Gryffindor shorts and tank top.

"Elle, I'm not your professor anymore. Call me Remus," he responded, giving me a small smile. I smiled at the two men standing in front of me, finally starting to loosen up. This is going to be fun.
----
The rest of the summer flew by with Dad there. We didn't do much, just sat around and exchanged stories. He loved stories of the twins and I, and I loved seeing him and Mum look at each other with pure love in their eyes. It was refreshing, seeing Mum like this. When it was just us, you could tell there was something missing. Don't get me wrong, she loves me with all her heart and is the best mum I could ever ask for, but I could just tell that something was missing. Now she's found it.

Before I knew it, it was time to board the Hogwarts Express.

I had told Mum and Dad goodbye at home, as Sammy and her parents were taking me to King's Cross. Mum had informed them about Dad, assuring them that he was innocent, so they understood that they couldn't take me.

Sammy and I wandered the train until we found the twins and Betty. It was relieving to see the ginger boys and dark haired girl after what happened at the World Cup. As soon as I heard, I sent a dozen owls a day to each of my friends, needing constant affirmation that they were perfectly fine. I'm sure I annoyed the hell out of them, though. Oh well.

A few more hours later, after a typical train ride (consisting of new ideas for pranks and the joke shop the twins and I hope to open) we were in the Great Hall, watching the first year students get Sorted. To me, the Sorting was quite boring. It's just a bunch of children sitting on a stool with a hat on their head that yells out a name of one of the Houses. I didn't really pay attention, only clapping when the others at the Gryffindor table did.