THREE

I walked into the entrance hall one day to see a white ferret running towards the dungeons, but Moody roared, "I don't think so!" Moody pointed his wand at the ferret, making it fly ten feet into the air before it fell back down to the floor. It bounced up again.

"I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back's turned," Moody growled, bouncing the ferret higher and higher as it squealed in pain. "Stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do..."

The ferret was flying around, flailing helplessly.

"Never. Do. That. Again," said Moody, speaking each word as the ferret hit the stone floor and bounced upward again. It was quite a funny sight, really.

"Professor Moody!" Minnie exclaimed, coming down the marble staircase, books piled high in her arms.

"Hello, Professor McGonagall," said Moody, still bouncing the ferret higher.

"What-what are you doing?" Asked McGonagall. Why does Minnie always have to ruin the fun? Don't get me wrong, she's one of my favorite professors but I was enjoying the show! I stole Dad's nickname for Professor McGonagall, since he told me many stories about her over the summer.

"Teaching," Moody replied simply, still bouncing the ferret up and down.

"Teach-Moody, is that a student?" McGonagall shrieked, books falling out of her arms.

"Yep."

"No!" McGonagall cried, running down the stairs and pulling out her wand. Not even a moment later Draco appeared. His blond hair was covering his now bright, pink face. He got to his feet and winced. Even though I'm not sure he's entirely bad, it was pretty funny to see.

"Moody, we never use transfiguration as a punishment! Surely Professor Dumbledore told you that?"

"He might've mentioned it, yeah," Moody replied, while scratching his chin, "but I thought a good sharp shock-"

"We give detentions, Moody! Or speak to the offender's Head of House!"

"I'll do that, then."

Draco muttered something that sounded like "my father", which did not go over well with Moody. Why must Draco always say that?

"Oh yeah? Well I know your father of old, boy... You tell him Moody's keeping a close eye on his son... you tell him that from me... now your Head of House'll be Snape, will it?"

"Yes," Draco replied resentfully.

"Another old friend. I've been looking forward to a chat with old Snape... Come on, you." Moody hissed.

I was still doubled over in laughter as I made my way into the Great Hall. I was practically on the ground with laughter by the time I made it to Fred and George.

"What's got you so happy?"

"Moody-turned-Malfoy-into-an-amazing-bouncing-ferret." I said in between laughs. I still call him Malfoy, sometimes out of habit and others because the twins wouldn't take it too well if they knew I talked to him.

Finally I quit, but the twins were still laughing. I looked around, wondering where Sammy and Betty were while I waited on the boys to stop laughing.