Prologue

"Ivy, get your nice butt up! It is my birthday today, and you are still sleeping? What kind of a best friend are you?!" Clary's voice rings in my ears, as i try to block the sunlight hitting my face with my hands.

"Urgh, Clary, I love you, but right now you are playing on my last nerves and I won't even think twice about kicking your arse, even though you are a birthday girl. You know how my sleep is important for me" I growl, as I hide my head under the covers. I feel the bed dip, and after a moment I feel Clary's hand on my messy brown hair.

"Hey, you didn't get any sleep again, dis you?" Clary's soft voice makes me uncover my eyes and look at her with tired eyes.

"Nope, I didn't. It has been like this since my 18th birthday, and I am seriously getting tired of this shit" I complain rubbing my eyes. They are burning under my fingers, but it isn't something new. I have gotten accustomed to it in these last 2 months. Clary takes my one hand and squeezes it gently.

"Why don't you want to go to a-" she cuts her question as her eyes widen a little bit looking at my now completely open eyes.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I burrow my brows, while Clary bites her lip.

"Ivy... I think you should take a look at the mirror" she struggles with her sentence and still keeps looking at me with a hint of worry in her eyes. I clumsily throw my covers off and get up stumbling to my adjoined bathroom. As I stare at the mirror, I draw a sharp breath. Instead of my normal honey eyes, glowing piercing blue eyes are staring back at me. I get closer to the mirror and as I get nearer I notice a shade of purple around my blue irises. I huff annoyingly and go back to my room. Clary is standing near my bed and looking at me sadly.

"Great, and now my freaking eyes are blue and purple. Seriously, what kind of shit is going on with me? Firstly, those dreams, and now this?" I puff out and rub my face. Clary puts her hand on my shoulder making me look at her tiredly.

"I promise you, we will figure this out. Just please, calm down. I am always with you, in everything" she says strangely calm. Looking at her comforting eyes, I suddenly begin feeing guilty. It is her birthday today and I gave done nothing but complain about my shitty life since I opened my eyes. I smile slightly and draw her into a hug.

"Happy birthday, Clare-bear, lets forget about my stupid problems for today and go party. Today is your day and we are going to make it special!" I squeeze her and close my eyes, feeling her comforting energy and warmness travel throughout my body.

"Thank you, Ives, we are so going to let loose today! We are meeting Simon in an hour, you should get dressed, I will be at the kitchen, I bought some tasty stuff to have breakfast together." Clary says and breaks our hug. Smiling she winks at me and leaves me alone with mu gloomy thoughts. As I near my mirror next to my wardrobe, the same blue eyes are looking back at me, but this time the purple shade is not there. Instead, it seems like they are turning back to their original color. I tiredly make my hand through my light brown hair and hunch my shoulders. The day I turned 18, my boring life got in a jumbled mess, and I have been having these strange dreams about filthy creatures and catlike eyes. And every single time, I wake up gasping for air, holding my chest.

I shake my head and try to free my thoughts from the disturbing images of my dreams. Today, I will forget all about these weird things and I will concentrate on my friend's birthday. I put a smile on my face and open my wardrobe. Today, I am going to let loose for a little and enjoy the birthday party.

Little did I know, my life was about to turn upside down and nothing was going to be the same ever again.

I have been hooked to this show for awhile now and I am a huge fan of this Alec Lightwood😍 I liked Kevin in the movie, but Matthew has me under his charm and I have turned into a huge fan. I wanted to write something about his character, and I hope this story gets enough readers to keep me going on. I don't own Mortal Instruments. I only own Ivy Clover. And I have cast Shelley Hennig as Ivy. The remaining cast is the same as the show. There will be similarities with the show of course, but I will also add my own twists and plot. Please vote and comment, so that I know whether it is worth continuing☺️
The first chapter will be updated later today.

Love❤️