➰21➰

"Tell me it is not true!" I yell at Magnus gripping his jacket as soon as we enter his apartment with Alec and look at him with begging eyes. Magnus creases his eyebrows and suddenly snatches my hand, going inside my head and what seems like a year, he comes to his senses with a sober expression on his face. My heart jumps at his face.

"Please, tell me it is just an illusion..." I beg him once again with tears in my eyes and Magnus sighs taking my hand and leading me to his couch. Alec is still standing at the other side of the room stiff and tense, because I haven't told him what I saw in my vision. I don't know how to...

Magnus kneels down in front of me, as I wipe away my face and look into his eyes. They are sad, and that is what scares me the most. He takes my hands into his own, rubbing them slightly.

"Look, Ivy. Life is all about our choices. There are always several options. I can't say your vision is not true, because it may be. But the keyword here is may be.  It depends on how you will choose your way."

"What does that even mean? How do I know which one to choose in order not to end up like that?" I snap at him, but Magnus doesn't waver.

"I might be a high warlock, but even I can't say what the future holds, Ivy. And these visions, they are possibilities. Yes, something will happen that will lead you into that cell probably. But who will be chained and what the situation will be, I don't know. Just... Just stay true to your heart and I am sure you will be fine" he tries to reassure me,but it doesn't help. Because, just knowing that I can end up like that and Alec can be hurt because of me and George may be evil, is breaking me into pieces and I don't know how to cope with that.

I tug my hands out of Magnus' and hold my head leaning my elbows to my knees. My head is about to explode and I am not sure I can hold up much longer. How can life be so cruel? I had already enough on my plate before this shadowhunter world, but now that life before seems like a world with butterflies and unicorns and rainbow..

Alec's phone ring breaks my thoughts and I hear him answer it stiffly. What do I say to him? How do I explain that I may be not as much as good we all thought? How do I tell him that I will looking at his bashed up face without any emotion when I am loving him this much? My eyes begin to water at that, but I try to hold my tears.

"What?!" Alec's yell makes me snap my head towards him and I can see he is fuming. Without saying anything, he marches up to me and snatches my arm.

"We have to go" he grits out and leads me out of Magnus' house. And I know better than to argue. I am guessing probably Jace has told him about Izzy's engagement. I bite my lip. Then there is that part. Izzy asked me to hide the real truth from him and I don't know how I am going to do that.

When we enter the institute, I instantly hear Jace's yelling. I wince as Alec's hold tightens on me a little bit, with him tensing up. We go to the kitchen, where the sound is coming from, and we are met with a red Jace and expressionless Izzy facing each other. Clary is sitting sadly at one side, looking at Izzy with teary eyes. As soon as we enter the kitchen, Alec lets go of me and marches up to Izzy.

"What the hell were you thinking? Izzy! You don't even know this guy! Who is he?!" He demands, and Izzy sighs dramatically rolling her eyes. But I know better that to buy her act. Because I saw her crying her eyes out just a couple hours ago. And I know inside she is hurting.

"Look, I have heard enough yelling for one day. This is my choice and you have to respect it! The guy is our family's friend, so he is a nice guy. The wedding is in two days! You better get ready. And now, I am going to sleep. A bride needs her beauty sleep. Good night" she says waving her hand and turning her back to the boys. When she meets my eyes, her barriers go down a little bit and I see the pain in her eyes. I beg her with my eyes, not to do this. But she straightens up and throws me a smile, going past me and out of the kitchen.