➰22➰

I spring out of my bed as soon as I see the first rays of sunshine. All night I have been tossing and turning around unable to sleep. Guilt has been eating the insides of me, but I can't do a damn thing about it. I know I did the right thing by not telling him about my dream, cause besides him hating me, he would have gotten even more worried about me. And I would better have a mad Alec than worried one.

But not telling him about Izzy's issue is getting harder and harder for me. Because I can't even imagine what he will think, when he learns that his sister is getting married so that his parents don't make him marry instead. And I know that he will be pissed as hell when he learns all about this.

I decide that I have to go and talk to Izzy about this, or else I am going to go crazy. I take a quick shower, and throw on black leather pants with a simple black t-shirt, and hurriedly exit my room. When I get downstairs, my eyes widen at the sight in front of me: There are tons of people working on different kinds of things like flowers, food, decorations and everything. And Izzy is standing at their heads, pointing and ordering around. Well, she acts too fast, doesn't she?

I walk up to her and when her eyes fall upon me, she gives me a tight smile. My heart gives a squeeze, because this Izzy is not the one I am used to see. She is not the same bubbly, flirty Isabelle that I knew. It seems like she has grown up over a day and I am not sure I like it one bit.

"Good morning, Izzy. I see you didn't lose time" I say pointing at people, and she nods her head, trying to be excited.

"Well, I only get to have one wedding, and a girl can dream. I am going to have one awesome wedding!" She says half excited, but I can see in her eyes, that she is trying hard not to break down.

"Do you have a minute? I just want to talk to you about one thing" I say biting my lip. She gives a nod and yells to the workers to continue, while she takes my arm and drags me to the kitchen.

"I am all ears" she says once we are there. I let out a sigh and run my hand through my tresses.

"Look, Izzy, I know you are trying to help Alec and all, but please, you have to tell him. He knows that I know something and besides, I can't hold it in. I am feeing guilty.."

"Ivy, I can't, you know I can't. I have to do this, and no, I can't tell Alec about this, because then you can say goodbye to Alec. Even if he doesn't want to, he will do something stupid and then my parents will take drastic measures. And I don't want that to happen. Besides, you don't have to feel guilty about anything. It is not your fault, Ivy" she says trying to reassure me, but I don't calm down.

"No, Izzy, I just can't hold it in anymore! How can I not tell him that his sister is being forced to get married just to clear the family's name, just because your parents are hypocrites?"

"What?!" The moment I hear Alec's voice, I am frozen. Izzy's eyes widen as she looks aside, with me doing the same thing and we are met with one hell of a pissed Alec. His eyes are fuming and in fact, I don't think I have seen his eyes this black ever.

"What are you saying, Ivy?! What does she mean, Izzy? Why are our parents hypocrites?" He grits through his teeth and walks to us, towering over us. I gulp down and look nervously at Izzy. She is shooting daggers at me at which I answer with a guilty look.

"Alec, just let it go. You don't have to-"

"Isabelle! You tell me now or God help me, I am going to talk to our parents, and believe me, I will get the information I need!" He snaps at her and I flinch at his tone. He is really angry and I am starting to get worried. I didn't want him to learn it this way, and I sure as hell, didn't want to put Izzy in this kind of situation.