➰4➰

"What? No, it can't be! I... I am just losing my mind, I don't know, I am hallucinating, anything but that, please" I suddenly blurt out panicked. Unintentionally I squeeze Alec's muscled arm and he snaps his eyes down to his arm where I am touching him. Feeling uncomfortable, I try to pull my hand back, but as if he is sensing that, he grabs my hand and looks at me with his blue eyes. And just like that, I am once again frozen right in front of him.

"Why?" He whispers narrowing his eyes. I look at him confusedly, while trying to wrap my head around his question.

"Why what?" I ask shaking my head. He leans a little bit closer to me and suddenly I am feeling his breath on my face, which is literally making my heart go crazy. I don't know why my body and heart is reacting to him this way, and I am not sure whether I like it or not. I notice his eyes go a little bit darker and I struggle against his hold, trying to break free and get rid of this arising tension between us, but his hold is like a steel, and I can't even budge. He is still looking at me intently and studying my face. His gaze is burning my face wherever it touches and I can't help but blush. I am not used to being close to a man like this. I am thankful that it is night and he can't see the heat rising up my cheeks.

"Why do you hate our world so much?" He asks finally looking straightly at my eyes. I am thrown off by his question, because I was not expecting that, and frankly, I don't even know the answer to that question. I just do. I open my mouth to respond but we are interrupted by Clary's scream.

"Simon!" And that's when I know something is wrong. My eyes widen and Alec's gaze turns ice cold as he helps me up and we are on our way to find the rest of the guys. We see them under a bridge looking up.

"Please let him go, he is not a part of it!" Clary begs looking there and I follow her gaze to see Simon dangling off the bridge with an ashen white guy and a woman. The guy is arrogantly smirking down at them, while the woman is laughing. That is the moment when something inside of me snaps.

"Hey! What the hell do you think you are doing? Get Simon down, NOW!" I roar to them marching to stand in front of everyone. The guy snaps his eyes to me and smirks even wider.

"And what exactly are you going to do if we don't, little girl?"

"I am not a little girl, you bastard and you don't even want to see my angry self! So let go of him nicely!" I growl at him baring my teeth, and as I take a step to climb the wall, a hand snatches my arm and I turn to glare at Isabelle.

"We have already broken tons of rules, we can't risk to jeopardize the things with vampires too" Alec snaps behind me.

"Your lap dog is right. Bring us the cup and the mundane is all yours!" They say and in a moment all 3 of them are gone. My jaw snaps open and I look around me.

"Simon!" Clary yells, but they are long gone. "We have to bring him back!" She says determinedly turning to us.

"Yeah, not happening. We don't even know how to enter their house, so nope, that's not happening" Alec says angrily while I turn to glare at him. I am sure, if the looks could kill, we could have killed each other in a heartbeat.

"What? You expect us to sit around and watch while they kill Simon off? Well, buddy, you are in for a surprise! We are getting him back and you can't do anything about it!" I backfire at him which makes him go tense. I can practically see flames dancing in his eyes, but I don't back down.

"Okay, guys, calm down. We are going to find a way, I promise" Jace says trying to calm us down, but we both don't hear it. We are still shooting daggers at one another.

"In fact, I think I know how we can find a way to enter their den" Isabelle says lightly, smiling triumphantly.

"What about weapons? We can't go back to the institute, if anybody learns that we are going to attack the vampires, we will be banished" Alec says angrily.