➰14➰

"I know where to find the mortal cup!" Clary disclaims the next morning when we are all okay. For the first time in a really long period, I have slept fine with Alec by my side, and today I feel refreshed. My eyes don't ache anymore, and I don't feel like every bone in my body is cracked open. So my mood is definitely good, so good that I even smile at Clary and talk a little bit, surprising her but also making her happy.

At Clary's statement everyone looks at each other surprised. I turn to look at Alec, but his face is as always without any emotion. Only slightly widened eyes shoe that he is surprised too. Feeling my gaze on him, he turns to me and immediately a smile breaks out in his face. And my heart skips a beat. After yesterday's conversation, I feel lighter and happier. We are not officially together, still sticking to the previous decision we made together, but it doesn't mean we can't kiss once or twice throughout this period. A blush makes its way to my cheeks, when I remember the last night's kiss, and I turn to the meeting. I feel like a squealing fangirl inside, but I try not to show it. When my eyes settle on Izzy, she is giving me a knowing look with a catlike smile, and I blush even more.

"And where exactly do we find the cup?" Alec's voice brings me back to the conversation and I turn to the excited Clary.

"It is in my mom's tarot card deck. We just have to find it" she says bouncing on her feet and I give a small smile. I don't even know what finding cup will give us, but at least she is smiling and that's all I need.

"And that deck is...? Where?" Izzy asks with a cocked eyebrow and everyone once again turns to Clary. She pauses and bites her lip.

"To be honest, I don't know. I will have to check up with Luke. Because when we were at my house earlier, I didn't see them at their regular place. So maybe Luke knows where it is" she says and with that takes out her phone. While she is talking on the phone, I take out mine and dial Simon. I haven't seen him since the day he turned and I am starting to get really worried about him.

"Hello? Ivy?" I hear his tired voice on the phone and my good mood comes down a little bit. My friend is having a hard time and I can't even help him.

"Hey, Simon. How are you feeling?" I ask slowly and he gives a sigh at the other end.

"Dead, Ivy, I feel dead. I don't even know what I am doing the half of time. I can't even go and see my family" he says sadly and my heart breaks at his voice.

"I am so sorry, Simon. We just... We just couldn't have gone on without you, Si. I know it was selfish of us-"

"It was, Ivy. I never wanted this life" he says calmly, but I can hear an angry edge to his voice and I know he is right. But no matter how awful I fee about doing this to him, I don't regret it.

"Ivy, give me the phone" I turn to Izzy's voice and her eyes look somehow sad. Her hand is stretched towards me and I put the phone without saying anything else at her awaiting hand. From the very beginning, I have always known that, Isabelle has somehow developed a soft spot for Simon. And while my one part is completely cheering for them, the other half of me knows that it is unreal, because Simon is still in love with Clary. So my heart breaks just a little more for Izzy. A love triangle has always been something I have dreaded all my life.

"Are you okay?" And at the mention of love, I hear Alec's calm voice and I turn to him. I give him a sad smile and a shrug.

"I am fine. I just feel guilty about Simon. I don't know whether we have done the right thing" I admit biting my lip. Alec's icy eyes soften a little bit and after looking around and being reassured that everyone is preoccupied, he runs his hand along my arm, making me shiver at his touch.

"If it makes you feel better, I would have done the same thing for Jace without blinking. I can't imagine my life without my best friend" he says, underlining the best friend part, because at the mention of Jace, I can't help but tense a little bit. Him saying Jace is his friend, doesn't help, but I try to hide my jealousy which is a complete new feeling for me, because I have never ever been jealous before. So I just give him a tight smile and nod, when Clary finally comes back.