➰19➰

"Ivy... Please... Help me.." I hear George's voice in my head, but it is all dark everywhere, I don't see anything. I try to scream, but when I open my mouth, nothing comes out.

"Ivy... Ivy... No! Forgive me! Help me!" George's voice becomes more desperate and I spring into a run. All I hear, is voices everywhere, laughters, screams and George. But I don't see anything. Suddenly a bright light appears in front of me making me cover my eyes. It is so bright that, for a moment I am blinded. When I open my eyes, for a few minutes I see nothing but black dots. When I close and reopen them once again, my heart stops.

Valentine is standing in front of me, with George kneeling in front of him and a seraph blade at his throat. I shake my head frantically, but Valentine is just laughing.

"Say goodbye to your little brother, dear. He has failed us: you and me both. And he is paying dearly" he says through his teeth with a sudden murderous face and the next moment the blade pierces through George's skin...

"NO!" I scream sitting up on the bed, sweat dropping from my forehead, my heart in my throat and my whole body shaking. My eyes go around the room and I am relieved that it is just a dream. I run a shaky hand through my hair and take deep breaths. Whenever I close my eyes George covered in all blood comes into my mind. I try to shake my head and forget that image, but it is futile.

When I turn to look at Alec's side, I see it is empty. My brows crease and I look around. His pajamas are thrown at the armchair, meaning he is probably up. My heart sinks a little bit at that, because right now I needed to see his face in order to calm down. But I ignore my urge. I don't want to burden him with my stupid dreams. So I throw off the covers and pad to the door. Slowly I open it and peek through the door. I don't want anyone seeing me in only Alec's shirt. The hall is empty, so I close the door and sneak out of the room, praying no one appears. They don't and when I am securely in my room, I close the door. I try to lock it, but Alec did a good job last night and the door's lock is broken. Shrugging, I take off Alec's shirt and bring it to my nose.

The moment his lingering scent enters my nostrils, I feel like I am in heaven. My heart gives a happy tug and a smile creeps to my face. This guy is doing serious things to me and I have to talk to him like really soon. Because I have a gut feeling that, when we finally confront Valentine, my end won't be good. So I just want to live my last days with him...

But before I confront him, all I need right now is a bit of hard training. Maybe it will take my mind off my dream. So I throw on my sports bra, my mid showing and yoga pants with black sneakers. I tie my hair in a high ponytail and exit my room.

When I exit the elevators, surprisingly everything is calm around. There are only a handful of people working at their computers, and I furrow my brows, because I can't see any of my friends. When I see Hodge standing at the side, I walk up to him.

"Hey coach, where are the others?"

"Hey Ivy. Oh they are training outside. The weather is good today. Why don't you go and join them?"

"No, I think I will just take the training room. Thanks" I say smiling and walk to the training room. I see leather gloves thrown aside and wear them and although I don't know how to box, there is so much tension built up inside of me from yesterday and today's dream, that I begin punching the bag on instinct.

The more I punch, the more desperate I become. All I see is Valentine's creepy face and George's broken one, and I begin to punch harder. My knuckles are throbbing inside of the gloves, but I ignore it. I need to let my steam off somehow and surprisingly, I think boxing is now my favorite sport. It helps.

"I am not going to ask what made you this angry" Jace's voice suddenly echoes through the room and I stop the punching bag, turning to him breathing hard. He is sweaty, probably from his own training, but the others are not there with him.