➰9➰

The way to my apartment is in silence. Alec is walking beside me, it turns out I wasn't that afar from my home, so we chose to walk. The air between us is not awkward, so I fee ashamed, because I have literally fallen apart in his arms and he just stood there holding me tight and rubbing my back. I mean, no one apart from Clary, has ever done that to me. And to tell the truth, Alec has a strange soothing effect on me, which I am starting to depend on. I don't like it one bit, but lately it seems that, whenever Alec is with me, I am always weak and damsel in distress. It is not me, but since the day on the rooftop, I am not afraid to show my real and deepest emotions to him. It is freaking me out, cause me showing my feelings to him, means I trust him. And I never do the trust stuff.

A drop of water on my cheeks awakes me from my dream state and I furrow my brows looking up at the sky. The dark clouds are rolling in, as the night falls slowly. Before I know it, the rain is pounding down to us and we are soaked from head to toe in a moment. I let out a freezing gasp and snuggle into Alec's jacket. But it is already wet and it is not doing any good with keeping me warm. I look at Alec and through the rain I can see his tensed face. Without knowing I am doing, I grab his hand, making him look down at me in surprise.

"We are going to get sick, come on" I yell over the rain and begin to run tugging him after me. He catches up with me very easily and after a moment, it is him who is dragging me after him. My palm tingles at his touch, but I try to ignore it. Everything about our situation is romantic, I have to admit, yet I don't dwell into it. I have no right to.

I give his hand a tug as we reach my apartment, and we are rushing into the front yard of the 5-floored building. We jog up the stairs and I raise the flower pot on the ground, taking the extra key, and opening the door. As we enter my apartment, it is dark inside. Nora is not home as I expect, because she never is. I turn the switch on and close the door after Alec steps in. A shiver runs down my spine as I shrug off the wet jacket. I turn to look at Alec and see him trying his best not shiver.

"Hey, come on, I will make you a hot coffee, and then I will look around to find you something to change into" I say softly making him look at me. His gaze is empty, but his eyes are shining strangely.

"A coffee sounds good, however you don't have to look for clothes, a rune will fix me in no time" he says slightly smiling and I smile back nodding my head. I gesture to the small living room telling him to sit on the sofa.

"I am going to take a quick shower, and then I will be back, we can have out coffee" I say scratching my head. He gives a stern nod, and I turn my back ushering to my room. I take dry pajamas from my drawer and hop into the shower. Hot water is like a paradise, I don't remember the last time I felt so good. I quickly wash my body and hair. Alec is my guest and I hate to make him wait alone. I jump off the shower, wearing my underwear and cute purple dinosaur pajama set. I towel my wet hair, and let them loose, I don't have a patience to dry them. Cleaning off the remaining make-up, I finally exit the bath of my room. As I open the door and step into the living room, I am met with a half naked Alec drawing as I guess, a drying rune on his stomach. He turns to me abruptly hearing me enter and we are looking at each other with wide eyes. I can't seem to take my eyes off him, and strangely, it seems like he can't too. We are left looking at each other, his emotions mirroring mine, which are confusion, astonishment and something else that I can't name. It is him who snaps out of it first and turns around taking his shirt from the sofa. I blush furiously and turn my back to him, waiting while he wears his shirt.

"I am sorry,I didn't kno-"

"It is okay. You can turn around now" he cuts me off and I do as I says. He is standing in front of me completely closed and dried off. I bounce on my feet, as I don't know what to do. To say that it is awkward between us, would be an understatement.