➰24➰

"You don't have to do this, Izzy" I say for the hundredth time to Izzy.

"I told you it is fine, Ivy! Could you just drop it?" Izzy says frustratedly and turns to me in her breathtaking wedding dress. I sigh and just nod my head, because I know from now on it is pointless to argue with her. I examine her from head to toe and even I can say that everyone is going to be blinded by her beauty. Izzy has that kind of a beauty that can turn over a straight girl, and that is an understatement. Her wedding dress is ivory, the top is strapless corset, sticking to her body like a second skin, while the bottom is too puffy, like a princess dress. Her beautiful black hair is in waves with white flowers here and there. Her makeup is flawless with red lips and light smoky eyes. She is just perfect. But there is one thing: her eyes are dead. She is not happy no matter what she says.

All of us met the guy, Adam, she is going to marry to. He is a nice guy, all polite and smiley, but there is just something off about him. And I can't put my finger on what is that wrong. I am not the only one feeling that way. Alec and Jace feel the same way, while the others, including Clary and Alec's parents are swooning over the guy. Alec has tried numerous tomes to persuade Izzy or their parents to stop the wedding, but they won't budge. He is feeling guilty, because it could have been him, but Izzy saved us both.

"Can I have alone time for a few minutes, Ivy?" Izzy's cam voice interrupts my thoughts and I look at her. Her eyes are glistening with unshed tears, but she is trying to stay strong. I don't want to provoke her, so I just nod my head, giving her a little encouraging smile and leave the room. The moment I close the door, a hand snatches me from behind, and I know exactly who it is. I smile and turn to him, but the sole vanishes when I see his perfect face in grimace. I sigh and cup his cheek.

"I am sorry, Alec. I am sorry both of you have to go through this. If I could, I would make your pain go away... But I can't and I am so sorry for that" I whisper sadly to him at which he gives a little smile and shakes his head.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. The consequences are bad. But I have a hope, that Izzy will stop or someone will stop her"

"Are you talking about Simon or is it in my head?" I say narrowing my eyes and he scratches his head.

"I may or may have not gone to the downworlder and told him that Izzy is getting married"

"Did he say anything?"

"No, he just sat there dumbly and said nothing. I hope it gets through his thick skull and he finally understands that he is blowing his chance off" he says sighing tiredly. I rise to my tiptoes and give him a lingering kiss on his lips to which he replies immediately. Someone clears throat and our moment is broken when I look over Alec's shoulder and see Maryse Lightwood glaring at me. Lets just say, she wasn't exactly happy that her favorite was dating a warlock.

"Could you not do that in public?" She snaps at us, mainly concentrating on me.

"Mother, as far as I see we are alone here and you are the only one intruding" Alec says coldly and Maryse turns her judgy eyes to him.

"Stand aside, I want to see my daughter" she grits and we take a little step back, as she walks past and opens the door slamming it after her. I flinch and turn to Alec looking at him with sad eyes.

"I am sorry. Your mother is mad at you because of-"

"Don't even finish that sentence, Ivy. It has nothing to do with you. She is just pissed off because she couldn't have her way with me like she did with Isabelle" Alec says comfortingly and I give him a small smile.

"Guys, I was looking for you. I am sorry to burst your little bubble, but I really have to talk to you" Jace appears out of nowhere. I roll my eyes as we follow him to his room. We can't even have a damn moment to ourselves.