➰7➰

"How do we find Magnus, exactly?"

"We don't find him, he finds us" Jace says confidently, but I am not even listening anymore. I am tired and I am sleepless. My dreams are getting weirder and worse day by day, and I can't do anything about it. I tiredly rub my sore eyes and try to concentrate at the conversation, but it is no use.

Apparently, this warlock named Magnus Bane is the only one who can give back Clary's memories and tonight we are going to meet him at some kind of a party. I don't even know how I am going to go, because I feel like a truck has hit me, but I have no choice. It is about Clary and I have to do it no matter what. It is bad enough that Simon bailed on her. So I have to be by her side.

I suddenly feel someone's eyes boring to my head and I turn to my left to be met with electrifying blue eyes. His eyes are slightly worried, so I smile a little at Alec, trying to tell him that everything is fine. But he doesn't buy and he continues looking at me with concern. I sigh and break our gaze turning to the meeting. After Alec hugged me that day on the rooftop, we just stayed like that for a couple of minutes. And then I broke the hug, smiling at him and leaving without saying anything. After that incident, I am sure about one thing: I don't hate him for sure, just the opposite. I have grown to care for Alec Lightwood, no matter how hard I tried not to at the beginning. But he makes it hard for me not to care with his brooding, stoic face and heartbroken eyes. He tries to hide his feelings, he tries to show as if he is the strongest among us, but he is certainly not.

Just by looking at Clary and Jace he can become grumpy, and grumpy Alec isn't someone you want to deal with. It has been two days since we kind of became friends, but we haven't touched that subject again. I understand that it is his sensitive spot, so I don't push him into anything. And he just preferred to forget all about it, cause I know, just how uncomfortable he becomes, when he shows some kind of feelings.

It is small changes that makes me understand, he has changed too. When we meet at the hall, we don't glare at each other, instead we nod our heads acknowledging each other, or even sometimes smile a little. We try not to argue as much as we did before and I try to stick to his side when Jace is giving him a hard time about Clary. I can't say we are friends, because we are not. Something has changed in our relationship, maybe we started trusting each other, I don't know, but something changed and I feel a little bit closer to him. What changed also was that, whenever our gazes meet, my heart seems to beat a little faster. When he accidentally touches me, the spot he touches tingles. And when I catch him looking longingly at Jace, something inside of me cracks. I try not to think about these weird feelings that I have, because I already have much on my plate with my dreams and with Jocelyn,, but sometimes I can't help it. I am starting to get scared, because never ever have I before felt this way about a boy.

"Ivy?" Izzy's voice breaks my train of thoughts and I turn to look at her confusedly.

"Huh?" I blurt out and she frowns at me.

"I was asking whether you are coming with us or not. You seem a little bit tired" she says with a concern in her voice, but I shrug it off and smile as bright as I can.

"Of course I am coming. There is no way I am leaving Clary alone in this one" I say confidently and hold my hand out to Clary. She smiles apologetically and takes my hand.

"Ives, you don't have to come. You should get some sle-"

"I am coming and that's final" I cut her off and say at which she gives up and nods her head. Cause she knows, if I set my mind on something, then I am going to do it.

"Okay, then lets go and get ready" Izzy says clapping her hands and everyone stands up. Izzy takes Clary's arms and they go in front with me striding after them. But as I try to turn right to get to the elevator, I am stopped by a hand on my wrist. A cologne fills my nostrils and I immediately know who is it which makes my heart go crazy. I turn to look up at him.