➰20➰

When we finally break apart, we stand breathing heavily, our foreheads against each other. Our eyes are dazed, I see Alec's eyes slowly get lighter, and I see a small smile dancing on his swollen full lips. I can't help but close my eyes and snuggle into him closer, letting myself feel his touch, his breath, his heartbeat, his everything.... Alec suddenly lifts me up once again and walks us to my bed. He gently lays me down on top of covers and then gets on lying in front of me. I raise my hand and play with his hair, looking into his beautiful eyes.

I am afraid to ask a question, to say something, because if I do, I am scared that he will regret his decision and he will go away. At this thought I can't help but furrow my eyebrows and I look away from him. I haven't felt this much in my entire life and I am so scared of losing this. Alec's little smile drops off and he puts his finger gently between my brows. I raise my sad eyes up to him and meet his questioning look. I sigh and lean onto his hand now on my cheek.

"Are you going to go now?" I whisper barely, and I am surprised at the amount of hurt in my voice. I have never mustered up this much emotion in my voice, but this is Alec and he do unbelievable things to me.

"Where did you get that from?" He whispers back cupping my face with his both hands.

"Weren't you going to, before our... You know?" I ask blushing, indicating our heavy make out scene. Alec's cheeks get a little bit red at that, but that's just that. He comes closer to me and leans in dropping a kiss on my nose.

"Does it answer your question?" He says cheekily smiling. I feel my heart skip a beat, but this is not enough for me...

"Alec..." I breathe out vulnerably. Alec gives out a sigh and sits up on my bed. Then he tugs my hand, making me sit in front of him. He once again cups my face and looks with so much emotion that, I think I am almost convinced of his feelings.

"You stormed into my life like a lightening and you literally lit up my whole existence! So, how can you expect me to just walk away from you?" He says it with so much passion that, I almost cry at his sincerity.

"But, you said it was dangerous, are you sure about this? Because Alec, I don't think my heart can take one more rejection from you." And that is out in the air now. I have said it. I have confessed my weakest point to Alec, meaning Alec Lightwood has defeated all my walls around myself and I can't hide anything from him anymore. Alec looks guilty for a moment, but then it is replaced with a determination.

"I am not going away. Yes this is dangerous, yes, Valentine will definitely use this to his own advantage, but I can't stay away from you any longer, Ivy.  We tried that and we saw how that turned out. I hope we can make this work somehow. All I know is that, I just..." He takes a pause, probably looking for the right words. He is looking lost for a moment, but then he leans to me and stands a breath away from me.

"I just can't bear to be away from you for a second. You made me addicted to yourself. You are like a magnet" he whispers with a passionate face and it is enough for me. He is enough. The air suddenly gets very hot in the room, and I can't breathe. He is just too close, and my senses are going crazy. Alec connects our lips and this time the kiss soft and gentle. It is like Alec welcomes me into his own paradise and I am literally soaring in the air.

Cause this is just the way love makes you feel.

My eyes snap open at the realization and I stop. My heart stops in my ribcage for a moment, and I am frozen. Did I just say love? Do I love Alec?

"Hey, are you okay?" Alec asks me breaking away from me and looks with a worried gaze. I look dumbly at him and just nod my head. Because if I open my mouth, I can blurt out stupid things, like loving him. Which I clearly don't, because come on, how long have I known him? 3 weeks? A month? You can't fall in love in a month right? I just shake my head and involuntarily laugh at myself. I am just overwhelmed, that's all.