➰3➰

"We, shadowhunters, protect the human kind from the demons. And these tattoo things that you say, they are called runes. Every rune has its own meaning..." I tune out Jace's voice as I look around the control centre. There are all kinds of computers everywhere, it seems like a Google office or something like that. Right now, Jace is doing some explanations to me and Clary, who woke up a little bit after me. To say that there was a teary messed up reunion, would be the understatement of the year. Actually, Clary was sobbing, and I was trying not to show any emotion, but my eyes were welled up. The leather pants that Isabelle kindly lent me, are itchy and I can't sit normally without moving in them. My gaze trail around the room as I take a look at the people sitting at the table. There is Clary, who looks sad and broken and lost, as her only worry right now is to find her mom. Next to her sits lost Simon. Yes, Simon found us via his tracking app and practically saw Jace killing one of the demons. And without even wanting, he is now listening to the story of 'our' world. He looks uncomfortable, but Clary is here, and that is enough for him. Isabelle is standing over Simon and looking bored. While Jace is standing in front of us and explaining as much as he can about the shadowhunters world. When I turn to my right, I see blue eyes glaring at Clary. I can't help but glare at him. It seems like he feels me watching him and turns his gaze to meet mine. I stand my ground and continue throwing daggers at him, while he just shrugs and looks at me nonchalantly. That guy is really getting under my skin and I don't even know why I am reacting this way.

"So, all I need is to get my memories back and then I can find this mortal cup. With that, I will be able to save my mom, right?" Clary's soft sad voice brings me back to the conversation. Jace nods his head and touches Clary's hand. I don't miss the sudden softness in his eyes.

"We will do everything in our power to help you. You are now a part of our world, Clary. And so are you, Ivy" he says looking at me.

"I don't care about your world, Jace. All I care about is Clary and finding Jocelyn. That's the only reason I am sitting here" I say coldly with Jace just giving me a nod. I don't even know why I use that tone, but all this stuff is making me extra uncomfortable. Although I kind of saw this world in my dreams, I don't give a shit about it. It freaks me out and I don't want to exist in this kind of world.

"So, then firstly, we have to find Dot and ask her to help me. After what you explained to me, I thinks she is a warlock" Clary says unsure.

"Yes, you got it right. Then lets keep going" Jace says clapping his hands.

"Where do we start looking for this Dot?" Isabelle asks raising a brow. An awkward silence takes place in the room, as everyone looks at each other. Suddenly I hear Clary let out a gasp and all the eyes are immediately on her. She is holding her necklace that Jocelyn gave her, and her eyes are glazed. I jump from my chair and run to her, but I don't even reach her, when her eyes turn back to normal and she smiles for the first time today.

"Strangely, I think I know where to find her."

And we all gather to Simon's van and we are on our way to find Dot. I am not surprised when we reach Pandemonium as this is the only place I think these supernatural beings hang out. As we get off the van, Clary touches her necklace once again. But this time, when she comes back to us, she is panicked.

"Hurry, the men who were at our house earlier, are chasing Dot" she says hurriedly and sets out running inside the club. We follow her, but when we enter the club, it is all cleared out and there is not a single person. We look frantically everywhere, but Dot is nowhere to be found. I turn to look at Clary, and she is standing there with her teary eyes, but she is trying to look strong.

"Firstly my mom, and now Dot. I keep losing people" she whispers to me when I go to her. I rub her arm comfortingly and smile slightly.

"I promise you, we are gonna find both of them and we will get your memories back. Just don't lose your hope"