➰18➰

It is almost dark in the warehouse when we enter it. No sound is coming, it is dangerously calm. So calm that I have goosebumps all over my body, because it doesn't feel right. Something is wrong here, but I don't know why. My seraph blade is securely in my hand, while Alec stands his stance with his bow and arrow.

My breath hitches in my throat when we come near a table with lots of vials and syringes on it. There are blood stains all over the table and with that my heart begins to beat faster.

"What is that?" I whisper into the air, as I feel Alec tense up next to me.

"I don't know" he breathes out, and I take one of the vials in my hand. I bring it closer to my nose and smell it. A scent of blood metal and something else fills my nostrils, something awful. I gag and put the vial back on the table. We begin to walk deeper into the warehouse and when we turn the corner, I freeze. Because there, on the air, surrounded by green lights, is Jocelyn. My heart skips a beat as I run up to her and try to touch her. But the moment I touch her, an electric runs through my body, and I am thrown back.

"Ivy!" Alec yells reaching up to me just in time to catch me from falling to the ground throwing aside his bow and arrow. My breath is knocked off as I slam into him, but he holds his foot. His arms automatically wrap around me and I give a relieved sigh. My hand is burning from the electricity, but other than that I feel fine. As I look up to Alec's worried eyes to thank him, a voice echoes in the empty warehouse making us jump apart.

"Well, well, well, I was waiting for you, Ivy Clover. And of course, your lover boy Alec Lightwood" a hologram of I am guessing Valentine appears right next to Jocelyn, and there is an arrogant smirk on his face that makes my skin crawl. Alec immediately takes his arrow and bow from the ground, pointing it at him, but Valentine just laughs it off.

"How do you know my name?" I blurt out without thinking, but the answer is obvious.

"Of course I would know the famous 'twins' with half demon, half angel blood in their systems" he laughs, and I clench my fists, trying to calm myself. Magnus was right, he knows about us.

"Don't hide, coward! Come and face us!" Alec growls under his breath making Valentine smirk more cruelly.

"Oh, I will loverboy, just not now. Oh, and if you are wondering, you can take Jocelyn with you. I don't need her. I have someone even better now" he says turning his eyes to me, and my eyes widen. No... It can't be! He can't be talking about him! I begin to shake my head, but Valentine begins to chuckle nodding his head.

"Oh yes, Ivy, look who is here" he says and a moment later tears begin to spill out of my eyes uncontrollably, because there kneeling in front of Valentine is George.

"Georgie... You are alive..." I whisper out coming nearer to him. He looks just the way he did in the alternate dimension, but his eyes are hallow. His face is sad and beaten, as he examines me.

"Ivy... Help me..." He moans to me, breaking my heart into little pieces. I kneel in front of the hologram and try to reach out to him with a shaky hand. But my hand goes through the hologram, and I cry harder.

"I will find you, I promise!" I say hiccuping, but he doesn't get to say anything because the picture changes and once again Valentine is standing in front of me. I spring to my feet and look with hatred at him.

"You touch him, and I will destroy you!" I grit out, but he just laughs maniacally.

"You are not in the position to threaten me, honey. Bring me the cup and surrender to me, and your brother will live! See you soon, Ivy Clover" he says waving at me and the next moment they are gone.